Things people say

Bellboy1

OK, I'm stealing this topic from another forum, but it lead to some great posts.

Since I began riding, I have had a lot of people talk to me at gas stations, from their car windows, at restaurants, etc. I found this unusual since no one ever talks to me when I'm in the truck. Mostly they ask,"How fast does it go?, What size is it?, Do you really save gas by riding it? How bad is it to ride in traffic?" However, sometimes you get some wierd questions or conversations.

For example:

Friend goes in to an automotive store to replace the burned out turn signal light on his Ninja 500. With the help of the clerk they find the appropriate bulb and then he shops around the store. He remembers he needs a recharge can for his car's A/C. He carries both items to the counter.

Clerk with confused look" So that bike has Air Conditioning?"

Friend "Uhhhh yeah and it blows real good too" :wtf:

oh one of my favorites from someone who sorta knew bikes just a tiny bit to make them even more retarded

"does your swingarm only have 1 side because the bike is underpowered?"

" you're bike has NOS !?!? That's fucking awesome "

My coolant overflow is a NOS energy drink bottle that is zip tied to the frame. Douchiest thing ever but my bike is such a POS it is just funny.

:lol:

Owning a Triumph I get lots of them. From younger guys its "who makes it?" Older guys "they still make them?"

Best one yet is "must be Chinese I never herd of them"

The others have new to do with the engine being a triple and how it runs.

:werd: They're just supposed to be on the back in bikinis like the subservient sex objects they are.

Just go ahead and tell them it's your boyfriend's bike.

Get a t-shirt with writing on the front... "If you can read this then my owner fell off."

Just this past weekend a guy asked me what the 1125R was and I said, 'a Buell,' and he said, "Oh, well that's not a sportbike then." I had the saddle bags on, so I just replied, 'yeah, it's practically a cruiser with the saddle bags, steering damper, and tank grips.'

Arrived at work in my joe rocket boots, textile overpants, dayglo textile jacket, armored gloves and helmet. In the elevator looking like someone colored The Stig in with a higlighter pen.

Guy in the elevator; "You ride a bike?"

"Nope, I'm Squiddy the Clown, going to a birthday party."

Get a t-shirt with writing on the front... "If you can read this then my owner fell off."

I was thinking "if you can read this, i shoved the jerk off and stole his bike"

i think it has potential.

Oh, I love the "My buddy has a Busa, it does 200mph." Everybody has a friend with a Busa it seems. :lol:

Oddest moment was in 2004...yes I am a date guy...this woman at a gas station comes up to me while pumping fuel into my bike and says, "Those things are dangerous, you shouldn't ride those things. Be careful and I'll pray for you. Stop by our church sometime." As she is handing me a pamphlet. :slap:

...and of course the how fast, you ever wheelie, and you should get a Busa questions and comments always pursue. It doesn't matter what bike I was ever on...they always said I should get a Busa. I'm on 636...you should get a Busa, on a 14, you should get a Busa, on a ANYTHING...you should get a Busa. That's all they know of it seems. :lol: