Who here has a B.O.B.

kawi kid

Or a big out bag? Its essentially a bag that us ready in case of an emergency you can just grab it and go. even if its zombies or just a natural disaster you have everything you need to survive for 9 days to 2 weeks. The nite I watch the news it make me wanna start putting one together. Does anyone have anything like this put together and what's in it?

I have a b.o.b in my b.o.b A bug out bag in my bug out basement. Either way if I have to bunker down or bug out I am set for a short time frame. With me having 6 people in the house it makes it a bit tought to have a small bag that will do any good. I have the basement set up more for a bunker hide out for a short time then head out into the waste land after things have calmed a bit. I do have a small bag that would be for a quick need to flee the area. And keep 20 gals of gas at the house at most times. Could throw the water and dried/canned food in the truck with the 4 cans of gas lock in the 4x4 and head for the hills if need be.

Cdub calls my parents house and land the plantation lol. Its kinda a silent understanding that if shit guys south everyone goes there. So I need the bag to be ready to go at any time with everything. The gf thinks in insane but she will thank me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a bag, and having spent a few summers teaching basic survival; I know what I need. It wouldn't take me long to pack up a bug out bag.

Of course, "I just need five minutes" ensures death in any movie as quickly as losing your virginity.

• 10 months later...

I keep a GHB (get home bag) on the semi just in case. I have a dozen or so MREs in the side box on top of the bag. Once I get home a bag won't do me any good. I'll load food, water, guns, ammo, clothes, atvs, motorcycles, first aid, tools, etc up and head to the farm if a major SHTF happens. I have calmed my paranoia down some I was keeping a 30-30, and 1911 plus a couple hundred rnds in the pickup truck, I also had a winter emergency kit that could have been considered a GHB. Which reminds me I need to get the winter kit back in the pickup, and a chain its getting that time, the snow will be falling soon enough.

I keep a GHB (get home bag) on the semi just in case. I have a dozen or so MREs in the side box on top of the bag. Once I get home a bag won't do me any good. I'll load food, water, guns, ammo, clothes, atvs, motorcycles, first aid, tools, etc up and head to the farm if a major SHTF happens. I have calmed my paranoia down some I was keeping a 30-30, and 1911 plus a couple hundred rnds in the pickup truck, I also had a winter emergency kit that could have been considered a GHB. Which reminds me I need to get the winter kit back in the pickup, and a chain its getting that time, the snow will be falling soon enough.

I have my BOB and would be for an emergency "get out of dodge now" situation. If I have the time to grab more stuff, I will.

Thanks for the reminder. I normally have mine together and in the truck by now.

I'm kinda with crb. My bug out bag is at home. I have a 12 hr or get home bag in my truck with a few things to munch on, a bottle of water, a pistol, fixed blade knife, and an extra pair of socks. I'm looking for a med kit to add to it. I'm sure there are things in it I'm forgetting.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would post up pics of my modest GHB(Get Home Bag). This is the bag I keep on the semi just in case. As long as we don't have an EMP attack that knocks vehicles out, I highly doubt I will need this bag, except the duct tape, we hit a deer and used the duct tape one night to keep the hood together, which is probably why there are 2 rolls in the bag now.

DSCF1652.jpg

Camping Pots and rope

DSCF1654.jpg

Tarp (shelter, army survival guide, and water filtration bottle

DSCF1653.jpg

Mountain house meals

DSCF1651.jpg

Dry bags, duct tape, filtration bottle, and an extra water bottle

DSCF1650.jpg

Compass, water tabs, and vitamin c(people say it makes the water taste better after treating it.

DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1648.jpg

Bug Spray, candles, and matches

DSCF1647.jpg

DSCF1646.jpg

DSCF1645.jpg

2 knives, dust mask, knife sharpener, magnesium fire stick, reflective dealies

DSCF1644.jpg

The bag is no where near as complete as it should be. I need to add some binoculars, cotton balls with petroleum jelly wrapped in aluminum foil, zippo, zippo fuel, and zippo flints, bear spray, just to name a few things that I plan to add. I think I would need to put that stuff in a separate bag at this point this bag is full. I have tools, bottled water, weather appropriate clothes, sleeping bag, zip ties, bungee cords, maps, personal hygiene products and much more on the truck at all times that I would take with me in a EMP SHTF. This bag is also not meant for long term survival its goal is to get me home. I wish I could carry a firearm, but it is against company policy.

• 2 months later...