the Brew House Pub

Fonzie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Dundee's Honey Brown. Almost got it again today, but decided to finally try Edmund Fitz. Drinkin' it right now, as a matter of fact.

Dark, bit bitter. Kinda reminds me of that Sam Adams Cream Stout, even though they say this is supposed to be a porter

Fonzie Was just at the store, and think I found the beer I'm gonna try for St. Patty's day......Great Lakes' Conway's Irish Ale :grin: Been wanting to try their Edmund Fitzgerald for awhile now too

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/bee...er_id=00000006

Picked up a 6 tonight, and tried a couple. Pretty good. Not really sure how to describe it. Reminds me quite a bit of something else I've drank lately, but can't remember what, for the life the life of me

Just picked up that Smithwyck's finally, based on your guys' recommendations. Probably give her a try in the next few days.....maybe tonight

I don't think I've seen that flavor of Leiney's yet. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it.

Tried a couple of my Smithwyck's Irish, and I gotta say I like the GL Conway's Irish better. Smithwyck's is kinda dry or bitter or something. I didn't even finish either bottle if that tells you anything

Took a break from my Irish tangent lately, & picked up a bottle of Red Stripe tonight. Not bad. Tastes a bit light though.....Kinda like Bud Light or somethin, but not quite as watery

I swear I spent about 20 minutes on the damn beer aisle tonight. Kept flim flammin' between the Stripe, Sam Adams Irish Red or their seasonal White Ale, Amstel Light, Bass, or this Goose Island Nut Honey Roast or somethin' like that. Had a hunch it might be similar to that Leiny's Nut Roast Brown that I liked so much at Christmas

Drank that 24oz'er of Red Stripe last night. Nothing fancy, normal tasting. Like I said above.....Blindfold me & I'm not sure I could tell the difference between it & Bud

Picked up a 6 of Sam Adam's White Ale last night. Pretty good....Drank 3 already. Not heavy or bitter (obviously...hence the name).....goes down pretty smooth, fairly clean finish

Havent tried smythwicks yet fonzie. After your neg feedback I went with the old standby again this wekend, Leiny's honey weiss. I may try the other irish this weekend. My wife just came back from aconfrence in Atlanta and said she hit a bar that had like 150 micro's and specialty beers. Said I would have been in heaven. Damn job, i need to win the lottery so I can travel with her:)

Had some Killians at Frickers yesterday.....So all I need to finish my Irish quadrophenia before St. Paddy's day is to pick up some Sam Adams Irish Red 18.gif