Red Riders

Fonzie

http://www.ohio-riders.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=127042

quote=JRMMiii So I went with my ol' man to Ft. Wayne this weekend to pickup another CBX engine, we get there and the guy has a candy store worth of bikes and parts. The most interesting of which was a 1983 CB11000R. The guy said it was 1 of 7 in the US (he imported it from England) and only a few hundred (my research says 1500 to be exact) were made. Picture below is NOT the bike I saw, but a representative sample.

200507241145410.CB1100RD.jpg

So, my question is - what is one of these worth?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicky Hayden merchandise available online

Fans of former MotoGP world champion and factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden can now get their hands on some special merchandise from a new online store set-up by the famous Kentucky racing dynasty. The 2006 world champion has joined forces...

More...

• 3 weeks later...

Carie posted this on the main board..........

http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/20...eo_s_year.html

Quote:

No Mention Of MotoGP In Honda CEO's Year End Speech

Submitted by Kropotkin on Wed, 2008-12-17 21:11.

in

* Honda

No news is good news, the old saying runs, and never has that been truer than for MotoGP fans after Honda CEO Takeo Fukui's end-of-year speech. Reports in the Spanish media - emanating mostly from the magazine Solo Moto - had suggested that Fukui would seize that opportunity to announce Honda's withdrawal from MotoGP. But fortunately for MotoGP fans - and for the MotoGP series - Fukui announced no such thing.

His speech certainly contained a lot of bad news: Delays in bringing a number of new factories into production; Confirmation of Honda's withdrawal from F1; Cancellation of some model development; Even cutting of salaries and reviews of bonuses for senior Honda management. But no word on the future of MotoGP.

While this is not quite confirmation that Honda will be staying, a lot of the announcements once again reaffirmed the importance of motorcycles in Honda's business strategy. Motorcycle sales were overall much stronger than Honda's car sales, growing 12% where car sales were flat, and are expected to grow by another 10.5% next year, where Honda expects car sales to fall by 7% in the same period. Fukui was emphatic: "History shows that motorcycles remain strong in a difficult market environment and have always supported Honda in difficult times."

So it seems like our friends over at the Italian site GPOne.com got it right when they said that they believed the stories (including the stories reported here) claiming Honda would pull out of MotoGP were nonsense. Even Valentino Rossi says that Honda will be staying, so our worst fears have allayed.

I've been on a recruiting drive. Gotta get the dues paying membership up......So I can retire! ;)

BTW.......Don't be afraid to post stuff up people. Let's see some pix of those Hondas besides mine & Gruff's

18.gif HAAA.....Now Justin's copy cattin' & started a Zook page! Everyone wants to follow the leader roflmao.gif

Good on Jarv & Extreme for addin' some more pix. thumb.gif C'mon people.....Show some pride in those red rides!! :honda:

I got my stator and clutch covers back from getting a sparkling chrome bath last week. Installed both covers last night and man it looks good. It's getting harder to ride this thing because the sun is always reflecting off the chrome and blinding me, lol.