Steel City Pub

Fonzie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CareBear......Can you change it to SixBurgh for us please? It's not letting me edit the title, & we don't want Kyle having an identity crisis :D

Did Benji tell you I checked all the stores at our mall for you guys yesterday, and no luck on the Santonio jersey.....Not even in throwback :(

Almost forgot......Was watchin' the Pro Bowl last night, & Rod "the God" Woodson is getting inducted into the Hall of Fame this year!!!!! eusa_dance.gif Looks like he's a 1st balloter. Already called one of my buddies & told him we're takin' a road trip come Aug 8th! Fawcett's gonna be packed again! How AWESOME is it that he's gettin' in the same year we're the first ever to win a 6th Super Bowl!!! cid_003801c61a0d351455e02DCFF284Hem.gif

I went the last year it was in front of the Hall, when Swanny got inducted, and the following year when they moved it to the stadium & John Stallworth got it. Got to meet & have my picture taken with Donnie Shell that year too! 04.gif John got in the same year as Jim Kelly.....So you had a schload of Steeler's & Bill's fans that came over to participate.

Needless to say.....with a sizeable contingent of both our fanbases.....The place got a little rowdy!! :grin: Probably be the same this year with Rod & Bruce Smith being in the same class. They don't mention in these writeups below, that Rod was the ONLY active player at the time to be named to the NFL 75th Anniversary team. It was a HUGE honor & testament to what a dominant DB he was!

The only thing I've ever disagreed with the Rooney's on was when they cut Rod loose. He was the only bright spot on those lousy late 80's/early 90's teams but continued to play his heart out until Cowher got there to make them champions again. I felt like they should've honored him by making sure he retired a Steeler, & not let money get in the way!! It also bothers me that they never retired his number.

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/story.jsp?story_id=3095

Class of 2009 announced

January 31, 2009

Wide receiver Bob Hayes, guard Randall McDaniel, defensive end Bruce Smith, linebacker Derrick Thomas, owner Ralph Wilson, and defensive back Rod Woodson make up the Class of 2009 Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinees.......

Woodson, a member of the NFL’s 75th Anniversary Team in 1994 and selected to the NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 1990s, intercepted 71 passes which he returned for an NFL record 1,483 yards and a record 12 touchdowns. He was named All-Pro six times and voted to 11 Pro Bowls........

ROD WOODSON

Cornerback/Safety. . .6-0, 200. . .Purdue. . .1987-1996 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers, 1998-2001 Baltimore Ravens, 2002-03 Oakland Raiders. . .17 playing seasons, 238 games with 229 starts. . .Steelers first-round draft pick (10th player overall), 1987 NFL Draft. . .First-team All-America at Purdue. . .First interception of pro career resulted in 45-yard touchdown return. . . From 1991-94 recorded 12 sacks and 19 interceptions, returning three for TDs. . .In 1995 suffered serious knee injury with recovery time projected to be six to 12 months. . . Returned to action in just four months and played in Super Bowl XXX. . .Member of NFL’s 75th Anniversary Team and NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 1990s. . . NFL Defensive Player of the Year, 1993. . . Intercepted 71 passes in career; third on NFL all-time list. . . Is NFL’s all-time leader in interception return yardage (1,483). . .Holds NFL record for most interceptions returned for TDs (12). . .Six-time first-team All-Pro choice (1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2001). . .Earned All-Pro honors as cornerback, kick returner, safety. . .Chosen to play in 11 Pro Bowls – seven with Steelers, three with Ravens, and one with Raiders. . .Born March 10, 1965, in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Bio>>>

Saturday, August 8

news-bullet.gifClass of 2009 Enshrinement Ceremony - 7:00 p.m. ET, Pro Football Hall of Fame Field at Fawcett Stadium. The central focus of the entire 2009 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival is the Enshrinement Ceremony where each newly elected football legend takes center stage and shares with the audience his innermost emotions and career experiences in a heartfelt and emotional acceptance speech. Thousands attend and millions more watch and listen as the nationally televised event unfolds. The annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony is not only a moving and inspirational salute to the game’s all-time great players, coaches, and contributors; it is also one of the most spectacular events in all of sports.

As called.......Only with a surprise.....We got not just 1 cover on the regular edition this week, but also a special Super Bowl commemorative issue as well!! eusa_dance.gif

I'll try & scan 'em in & post them later tonight ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...