any one appraise guns?

f4isvt

I have inherited <sp?> a pretty slick colt revolver. I would like to get a real world value on it. Its a 1966 colt frontier scout 22 revolver. Black with wood grips in what I would consider a 10/10 maybe a 9.5/10 worst case. It is a k series with the orginal manual, box and 2 cylinders one for 22mag and one for 22lr. I google searched it and it lists the value anywhere from 150-3000. I am sure its not worth 3g but thatd be nice. I have seen a few for sale at 600 with no box or manual, and the box by itself are selling at 200. Anyone appraise them or know of a place to do it?

Okay, according to the BBoGV your pistol information is as follows:

Frontier Scout (K Suffix) - .22 LR or .22 Mag., 4 3/4 or 9 1/2 in. barrel, available with interchangable cylinders after 1964, Zamac alloy frame (K Suffix), blue or nickle finish and walnut grips. approx 44,000 mfg. 1960-1970

Conditions: 100%=$600, 98%=$425, 95%=$325, 90%=$250, 80%=$200, 70%=$175, and 60%=$150

Add 100% for double cased Scout set.

Add 150% for double cased Scout Buntline set.

Add 10% for original box.

Hope that helps ya!

their policy is they cant give more than 60% value if the gun appraises at 98%....so the book on it was around 1110.67 (98% value - based off your 60% being 680)....i bet they relist that gun around 1100 (actually - i bet they auction them or do something else with them...i doubt it will end up behind the counter of a retail store).... you coulda done better man, shoulda put it on gunbroker or something for a thousand bucks

Edited by Steve Butters

If they sell it for 1110 good for them. I got 680 in my pocket to spend on my truck today in fact already ordered parts. I do know that vandalia range and dayton armory either had no clue what it was or wanted to fuck me over they both offered 250 to buy.

If they sell it for 1110 good for them. I got 680 in my pocket to spend on my truck today in fact already ordered parts. I do know that vandalia range and dayton armory either had no clue what it was or wanted to fuck me over they both offered 250 to buy.

You made out well. My blue book is a 2005 and it lists it $175-$600. Gander will never sell it for a profit.

You made out well. My blue book is a 2005 and it lists it $175-$600. Gander will never sell it for a profit.

if thats so, then he made out nice!

i never looked up the value myself, was just going off of gander mountains 60% policy and what they gave him

looked it up and i just saw one on gunbroker for $500...didnt have the books and box etc, but still...makes 680 sound like a good deal

if thats so, then he made out nice!

i never looked up the value myself, was just going off of gander mountains 60% policy and what they gave him

looked it up and i just saw one on gunbroker for $500...didnt have the books and box etc, but still...makes 680 sound like a good deal

Who knows?.... maybe gander knows something we don't. :cheers: