Scraping a vehicle

gen3flygirl

I've heard that when you're ready, you just have to call around to see who is paying the most at that time. Sorry, not much help here.

We were asking too, but then someone came and gave $400 to haul it away for parts, so we took it.

If you do call around for prices, get the name of the person that quotes one for you.

Otherwise, when you get there, they tend to offer half the amount of the quote.

I've been hearing of people getting up to $500 and over for dead vehicles.

Although some yards won't take old carberated cars at all. Only Fuel Injection.

edit: It's really by weight and demand. If it's a heavy & popular vehicle, should get more.

Edited by ReconRat

550 is a good deal...take it, especially if theyre picking it up

we have scrapped a ton of trucks, and we just call around and get prices....we send them to the shredder - they usually pay better than junk yards....last one we took in it was $290ish a ton, and i think they paid $700 or so for it (truck with toolbox bed)

but if you send to shredder you have to remove gas tank and the wheels/tires or they deduct you...its a pain

We donated my wife's vehicle (blown head gasket) to Goodwill and got a $500 tax write-off. If you think the vehicle is worth more than $500, you can ask for a receipt reflecting the actual sale price of the vehicle. If you request the actual sale price, something gets reported to the IRS, so it seems easier to just take the $500 and run.

Or, you could set that bitch ablaze with some Thermite

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2347014/how_to_make_thermite/