HELP! 06 CBR600RR Leo Vince SBK Bogging

seanya1604

I just put on a Leo Vince SBK slip on and everything has been working perfectly until this morning. I went to the gym 5am. She sounded great! I went to the gas station on the way home. Gas station is about 1/2 mile from my house. Filled full (maybe too full). I pulled down my street and I started to feel bogging.

I pulled it into my driveway and let it idle. low idle about 1K then pops up to about 1200 every 3rd or so seconds. I tried revving and heavy bogging to about 3-4K.

I took it around the block (neighbors must have been pissed) about 4 or 5 times and first gear is awful. Seems to feel like riding a mechanical bull between 1-4K, then it shoots forward and seems ok.

I spent hours on this thing putting this pipe on and it sounded amazing. I put some gas in it and now it's dying. Unfortunately I suck at diagnosing problems and really need some help here.

I took it to work today hoping to maybe get some gas out of it if it was overfilled. Although, I never had this problem before with the stock pipe.

Now what????????

I would greatly appreciate any help here!

Sean

my 03 runs great on anything. did you put in diesel or something?

if it's just a slip on, i can't imagine what it could be. maybe something came loose, and the slip on is not on there right? maybe a sensor came loose or off, or reinstalled incorrectly?

I always put Marathon 93 in it and I'm 99.9% sure I did this time. Plus it was only a gallon or so. I was tipping it off to ride for the day. Hmm. It was just absolutely riding perfect until I left the gas station. From awesome to awful in about 30 seconds.

Do these things just fix themselves or could it be causing more hard to ride it like this? I'm trying to get better at getting my hands dirty, but I have to draw the line where I may cause some major damage.

Thanks for the feedback.

One thing that is weird about the slip on is that where it connects, there is nothing to seal it. It slides in and there is a metal ring you fasten. We thought it was weird that we had to remove the seal and then they didn't supply one. It wouldn't fit if we had one. I don't know if that could cause an issue. The last thing I want to do is spend 6 hours working on this thing and have to take it to the shop to get reworked and have them tell me some other BS is wrong.

One thing that is weird about the slip on is that where it connects, there is nothing to seal it. It slides in and there is a metal ring you fasten. We thought it was weird that we had to remove the seal and then they didn't supply one. It wouldn't fit if we had one. I don't know if that could cause an issue. The last thing I want to do is spend 6 hours working on this thing and have to take it to the shop to get reworked and have them tell me some other BS is wrong.

A lot of slip ons don't use a gasket if you have any leaks just go get some permatex ultra copper rtv and take slip on off and apply thin coat to inside of mid pipe and to header. Do you have any other mods on this bike?

Didn't adjust idle. 16K miles. I miss Sunoco. The bike seems to like that the best, then Shell. Marathon is the best in my hood, but I know of a Sunoco not too far away.

it might be worth draining it and picking up Sunoco.

Didn't adjust idle. 16K miles. I miss Sunoco. The bike seems to like that the best, then Shell. Marathon is the best in my hood, but I know of a Sunoco not too far away.

Sounds right to me. I also had a car that did that years back. It was a bad coil pack. I'm not saying thats it but I wouldnt rule it out. Start easy and draiin your tank and find some good gas to put in.

You need to adjust the idle after adding a slipon. Maybe im just misunderstanding your problem.

A problem starting up nearly immediately after a fill-up is a really good indicator of bad gas. Another possibility is a clogged fuel cap drain that allowed rain or water from washing into the tank.

I've never worked on a cbr 600, but if you run some fuel out of the tank into a clear container, you'll be able to see the separate water and fuel.

Or you could drain the gas and run some new stuff and see if it changes. Add some Heet to the other stuff and run it in your car.

I siphoned most of the gas out last night and put in a couple gallons of Sunoco. Unfortunately, same thing. I am desperate to get this fixed, as the weather in Ohio only provides limited enjoyable riding.

I wonder if it could be the plugs or if I need to continue to try to move the new fuel throughout the bike.

This is such a nube question, but are there other adjustments that need to be made when adding a slip on? I know the idle was mentioned in this thread which I did play with. I am unsure what an exhaust servo block plate is, but I didn't see anything stand out with the contents I received.