DIY Garage Door Opener

BornSinner

any button your not using could be used for the door opener. I think the horn is probably the most common but it could be kind of annoying for the neighbors when you come home late. Not to mention letting everyone in the neighborhood know when you come home. I have a flash to pass button on my triumph.

I have one too, and all it does is flash my brights. Is it supposed to do the turn signal also? I never use it, It would make a great garage door opener:D

made mine today. other than having to swap wires once it was no big deal. and it only cost ~10 dollars.

protip: if you make one, and you use a craftsman opener with a button that uses 4 posts to connect it to the board. use posts on opposite corners.... like a wall clock use 9 and 3

• 1 month later...

I did mine today. Works like a champ. I used a momentary push button switch, and put it next to the cage cluster. Ran the wires under the plastics to the space under the seat. I put quick disconnects on them. I then opened the garage door opener, and unsoldered the switch. Then I soldered 6" wires with quick disconnects on one end to where the switch posts were. After that, I dremeled a space in the opener case so the wires could pass through and put it back together. Then I velcroed the opener to the tray under the seat. Connect the quick disconnects and voila. With the quick disconnects and since my opener has 3 buttons operating the same door, I can remove the opener and use it in the truck or where ever if I need to.

• 2 months later...

have the flash2pass hook to my head light works amazing but ya cost a lil more. but if i leave my bike out durring the day head lights only work with key on power. best thing bout flash 2 pass is u can use up to 6 transmiters. i have tied them in to the brake light on each car, that way when i ride the bike to work i dont have to worry bout someone breaking out my window and hitting the door opener and geting the dirt bikes when we r gone. no openers in the cars any more either

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. I just got a keyfob-sized door opener for mine and attached it to the bike key. I have to stop the bike and reach down to press it, but that only takes a couple of seconds.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xkd/R-100654111/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

It's also an LED flashlight.