Taken out by a Kia Sportage

AOW

powder coated frame has huge divot & passenger peg mount bracket was pushed in about 1/2". Everything else is bolt on parts. It could go either way, especially once the HD shop gives the insurance company the quote.

f78e7b34.jpg

8bcb7936.jpg80b91c16.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you are one lucky man. I hope you bought a lottery ticket. It is never the going down part that I worry about, it is the getting run over part that scares the crap out of me. Glad you came through OK on both accounts.

Thanks for reminding me why I never ride along side a cager. Front, back but never, ever to the side.

With the off-duty cop as witness you should be set for your insurance claim. Hope that all goes well and they get your ride fixed back up.

How did you feel physically on the days after? Sore from blunt force impact into the ground etc?

Again, ATGATT is a smart move. Glad you're still here.

That night I popped 1000mg ibuprofen and a beer or three. Next morning my entire right side was aching like a SOB! Went to the chiropractor and have been 3x/week.

Sprained left thumb, sprained right ankle, strained back, muscle spasms in back & chest, bruised hip. Was up to 2400mg ibuprofen/day until this week, now down to maybe 1000 a day.

I called the chix insurance company yesterday, and it was the first that they heard of the collision! As of today, they still have not been able to contact her:wtf:

Missed a few days of work, but definitely feeling better. ATGATT is the only reason I'm OK. Rough estimates: parts $3500, gear $1500. If they don't total it, I plan on doing the wrenching myself.

That night I popped 1000mg ibuprofen and a beer or three. Next morning my entire right side was aching like a SOB! Went to the chiropractor and have been 3x/week.

Sprained left thumb, sprained right ankle, strained back, muscle spasms in back & chest, bruised hip. Was up to 2400mg ibuprofen/day until this week, now down to maybe 1000 a day.

I called the chix insurance company yesterday, and it was the first that they heard of the collision! As of today, they still have not been able to contact her:wtf:

Missed a few days of work, but definitely feeling better. ATGATT is the only reason I'm OK. Rough estimates: parts $3500, gear $1500. If they don't total it, I plan on doing the wrenching myself.

sounds like time to hire a shark attorney... they might be playing the stretch this shit out for years game.... Total BS!!

Keep a diary of your pain and other health symptoms.

I'm not the suing type myself, but the fact that she didn't report the accident to her insurance would P me off.

Is your own insurance helping you? Are you claiming on your own collision coverage and letting them go after the girl's insurance? I wouldn't want to go up against her insurance company alone in a case where there are injuries. If you are liability only then I'd be looking for some kind of representation. Does your employer offer a legal aid service?

Bear in mind if the case is small you could wind up paying a lawyer more than the extra money the lawyer could recover. Ie if the insurance only offers you 8k and then hirirng a lawyer gets that up to 10k then you're gonna wind up giving the lawyer 3,333 and winding up with 6,666 (less than you would have gotten alone).

Edited by Scruit

Been keeping a pain diary since the day after the collision. Updates are at least every 4 hours, more frequently if pain or discomfort pops up.

I work for the Administrative Office of the Courts, ie; me and all the judges in the state of California have the same boss.

I have FULL coverage on my bike and unless I hear from State Farm (her insurance) by 10am tomorrow, I will go through my own insurance and let them bitch slap State Farm.

Given the extent of my injuries, or lack thereof, getting an attorney would not be fiscally sound.

Now going through my own insurance so I can get my bike back on the road sonner rather than later! Fucking State Farm bullshit!
wow... and they are supposed to be "for" the little guy... that sucks ass bubby... But at least you aren't that banged up, just your bike.. I hope your insurance screws em to the wall...:cool:

Now going through my own insurance so I can get my bike back on the road sonner rather than later! Fucking State Farm bullshit!

That's the wat to go. You pay all that money to your insurance, make them work for it. There's little doubt that they'll recover from the other driver.

• 1 month later...

Sorry... bike has officially been totaled. I can buy it back for $4k, but don't want to, it's time to move on. They offered me a nice chunk of change for it, approximately $1k less than a new 2011 VROD, but didn't get shit for the bolt on goodies. Salvaged what I could of the bolt on goodness, but it still sucks.

Have not decided on whether another VROD is in my future or if it will be a dedicated sport tourer such as a K1300GT, FJR, ST1300, Concourse, or such.

Found a never titled '07VRSCAW with 17 miles for $14k and a never titled '09 with 45 miles for the same $14k. Leaning towards a VRSCDX though..

They pay for your injuries? Did your medical insurance subrogate and save you the hassle?

Concours is a nice bike. If it had better than 35mpg (versus the 55mpg of the V-Strom) then I'd have bought one one myself, but I needed a daily commuter and I do 1250 miles per month so the gas savings was worth it.