Help me choose a bike... VFR vs SV1000 vs Superhawk vs ???

accel_is_my_drug

After Extensive research I think I have narrowed down my choices..

Its between a 2000+ VFR800 and a 2006+FZ1.

I miss my 97 VFR750 dearly, she was the last year for gear driven cams, 750cc, and carbs. I wonder if any newer VFR can be held up to her standards. I think I would like to try to avoid the Vtec models, which leave we with a 2000 or 01 VFR...

However,

I think I'm leaning towards a newer FZ1...... Now all I need to do is find one... 2006+ (with the Aluminium frame...) Anybody know of any available?

I had a 4th gen VFR and rode it for 28K miles. Great ride and loved the thing. But a vacation on a 5th gen had me wanting one. The engine is stronger and revs quicker than the 4th gen, and the bike overall just feels like that they took everything that was good/great about the 4th gen and amplified all that into the design of the 5th gen. Yeah I bought a '98. The gear driven cams are still alive and well.

Of the 5th gens, there were 2 generations, the '98 & '99 and the '00 & '01. The '98s & '99s are the more coveted with the larger diameter headers and no cat.

Good luck on the new bike search.

Edited by mello dude