Google Maps Vehicle

Kent2406

I was out in Silicon Valley last week for work and stopped by the Google Campus to take a walk through the place. Pretty cool place, goofy bikes to ride around, swimming pools, a T-rex dinosaur statue, volley ball courts, etc. Nice place. Very much like a cool college campus.

yah i read about it in a mag once. they're banking. it's on the edge of ridiculous.

those cars actually have quite a bit of hardware to get the pictures. digital speedo that programs the camera to capture every x distance. it also has some sort of vibration sensor that will automatically notify the driver if it gets a shaky shot so he can go back around the loop.

At least this one identifies itself. Much less creepy than the plain white panel vans driving around.

I use the GPS on my Droid daily (yes, I know I'm being tracked...), and it always freaks me out when the photo of my destination (i.e. a particular house address) pops up on the screen when I pull up to the curb. Bastages.