AND SOUTHEAST 555 on july 3rd

cOoTeR

if alot of sportbikes are showing up ill come.

I'm not going to have to slow down and wait for you cruizers at every stop! :lol:

Are you coming? Should I save you a seat at ihop? Anyone joining you?

Ok,

I'm not seeing anything as far as the start point being changed from Mcedees in Marysville. I also only know of the one that is just off 33 / 36, hopefullythis is still go.

I plan on being there by 8:30 for the hook-up. If this is still good, no reason to respond, but if different, please poist.

See you all in the morning, ride safe all.

Greg

I won't be going because of my bike's newest problem, but I do have a rant. OR seems to be the only place where group rides (just from reading the forums) still get separated into those who like to ride fast and then everybody else. Aren't all inclusive group rides supposed to be an enjoyable ride for everyone to ride together? If you want to ride fast, then just organize a ride with people who like to ride fast. From reading other threads, it seems like every opportunity to get together is a dick measuring contest.

I'll be honest and admit that it makes me second guess going on rides just because I know I will be slower. I wouldn't want to damper anyone's style and ruin their ride because they have to go slower because of me. Last thing I would want to hear once the ride is over is about how so and so wanted to go fast and do twisties, but couldn't because of the cruisers or certain individuals.

I'm not sure if people are joking around or if they are serious when they discuss these things. All I know is that it doesn't seem like it would be much fun if not everyone rides at the same pace and enjoys themselves regardless. End of rant. Should this go into rants and raves?

Edited by saralynn518
I know I'll probably get laid into for this lol
  • Upvote 1

Ok,

I'm not seeing anything as far as the start point being changed from Mcedees in Marysville. I also only know of the one that is just off 33 / 36, hopefullythis is still go.

I plan on being there by 8:30 for the hook-up. If this is still good, no reason to respond, but if different, please poist.

Greg

17781 State Route 31, Marysville trust me its there.

Ok,

Greg

There is a McD's on SR 31 just north of 33. This location is about 3 miles west of the 33 / 36 location. 31 is 2 exits before 36, I believe the exit sign says 31 North / Kenton.

I won't be going because of my bike's newest problem, but I do have a rant. OR seems to be the only place where group rides (just from reading the forums) still get separated into those who like to ride fast and then everybody else. Aren't all inclusive group rides supposed to be an enjoyable ride for everyone to ride together? If you want to ride fast, then just organize a ride with people who like to ride fast. From reading other threads, it seems like every opportunity to get together is a dick measuring contest.

I'll be honest and admit that it makes me second guess going on rides just because I know I will be slower. I wouldn't want to damper anyone's style and ruin their ride because they have to go slower because of me. Last thing I would want to hear once the ride is over is about how so and so wanted to go fast and do twisties, but couldn't because of the cruisers or certain individuals.

I'm not sure if people are joking around or if they are serious when they discuss these things. All I know is that it doesn't seem like it would be much fun if not everyone rides at the same pace and enjoys themselves regardless. End of rant. Should this go into rants and raves?

Well I'm all for riding your own pace if you don't its a little too dangerous. When I organize a ride I'm not a ride Nazi as long as everyone is being safe. I tell people at the start if you think I'm going too slow go ahead and pass me just make sure its safe to do so. When we get in the curves a ask that everyone goes single file in the twisties so no one feels crowded. I don't wait at every stop sign for the slower riders if there are a lot but I don't make a turn onto another road without the whole group being present. I try not to leave anyone behind but I dont care if people ride ahead when it comes down to it were all adults and people can do as they please.

Yes I think a more appropriate place for this should be the rant and rave thread, not the middle of the ride thread. Sorry you can't make it.

• Upvote 1

From my viewpoint, which means absolutely nothing, any group ride on here is mutually inclusive. If someone is organizing a ride, it's their responsibility to make it clear to those what type of ride it's going to be, so the riders can make the decision on whether to join or not. You're on a forum where the majority or bikers have sport bikes, not cruisers. BUT....the majority of folks on here don't discriminate when it comes to riding. A cruiser is made to ..cruise. A sport bike ...not so much. So yeah, the sport bike riders tend to want to ride faster.

Any ride that I lead, I make it clear that you can ride whatever ride you want to ride in the corners...but I WILL be waiting on everyone to get to the next intersection. If you're looking for a formation/staggered ride, then you're probably looking in the wrong place. I'm speaking for myself here, but cruising on a sport bike is not fun.....at all. They're not comfortable...and are made to do two things really well. Go fast in the corners and even faster in the straights.

That being said, there are riders on here with cruisers who aren't into riding like it was the Moto GP. You could always post up and see who is interested in getting together. But, like I said before, the majority of riders here have sport bikes so the percentages are not in your favor. That doesn't mean you can't come out and have a good time on an organized ride. We have riders of all skill levels, and some folks feel more comfortable the back of the pack.

Edited by InyaAzz
  • Upvote 1

Thanks. It was just an observation. If I joined a sports bike forum, I would expect such. I guess I just figured since it's called Ohio Riders and includes everyone, that it would be different. We can drop it now so it doesn't take over the thread.

I'd like to make a reservation at ihop so we don't have a long wait here's who I have as coming and where they plan to meet. If your name doesn't have a number beside it it means I haven't reserved a seat for you because I'm not sure your coming. If there is a question mark by your name it means I don't know where your meeting up with us or if your still coming.

1+2 me and my fiance- Marysville

3+4 Gary + fiance- Marysville

5 J.B.- Marysville

6 Mac- Marysville

7+8 Doug + fiance- Lancaster

9+10 Andy + friend -lancaster

11+12 Shawn + friend - Lancaster

13 cmh_sprint - Lancaster?

14+15 dgtl grl + husband - Marysville (just eating?)

16 pfloydgad - Marysville

17 carwhore - Lancaster

18 Blake1221 - Lancaster

19 cleavethegreat - Lancaster

Are the following people coming? Where are you joining us and how many will be with you?

Das Borgen? Ron505? Mike 884? Joey614?

I'd like to make a reservation at ihop so we don't have a long wait here's who I have as coming and where they plan to meet. If your name doesn't have a number beside it it means I haven't reserved a seat for you because I'm not sure your coming. If there is a question mark by your name it means I don't know where your meeting up with us or if your still coming.

5 J.B.- Marysville

6 Mac- Marysville

13 cmh_sprint - Marysville

17 carwhore - Lancaster

18 Blake1221 - Lancaster

Are the following people coming? Where are you joining us and how many will be with you?

I'll be meeting you in Marysville. McD's is about 3 miles from my house.

yeah, we're going to grab breakfast and then head to hocking hills. Like I said in a previous post- I've never been. Been begging the hubby to go.

I'm not wanting to cause any unwanted drama with a 555 ride being that I've been only riding 2 yrs.

So we'll just head to Hocking Hills and do the touristy thing.

yeah, we're going to grab breakfast and then head to hocking hills. Like I said in a previous post- I've never been. Been begging the hubby to go.

I'm not wanting to cause any unwanted drama with a 555 ride being that I've been only riding 2 yrs.

So we'll just head to Hocking Hills and do the touristy thing.

you'll be fine i've only been riding 6months.

Cool cmh see ya there. Dgtl grl I'm going to be taking it easy peasy but don't do anything your not comfy with. Car whore yep were meeting at the ihop in Lancaster its off of 33.

Ok so ihop doesn't take reservations. So if someone gets there first or is willing to get tgere early and reserve a table for 20 that would be awesome. If the waiting too long we can grab some fast food after we meet up.

Edited by cOoTeR

5 J.B.- Marysville

6 Mac- Marysville

13 cmh_sprint - Lancaster?

17 carwhore - Lancaster

18 Blake1221 - Lancaster

I'm down to meet at ihop