HELP ASAP!! FLAT TIRE I'll pay for fuel!!

Jst2fst

don't plug a MC tire. Just don't...

you can plug a mc tire. its fine. just not as a permanent solution.

if you just need to get from here to there, no problemo. dont go do a trackday on it though lol.

you can plug a mc tire. its fine. just not as a permanent solution.

if you just need to get from here to there, no problemo. dont go do a trackday on it though lol.

I need a tire that can go 3500 miles I'm heading to Seattle and riding down the cost with buddy from Seattle. Seattle to San Diego then back to Seattle then Vancouver back to Seattle

don't plug a MC tire. Just don't...

:eek: Been running on one for 2 years now. [disclaimer] Although, I will NOT advise any to do so any more than just to get somewhere to get a new tire.[/disclaimer]

I can change the tire, but I don't have any way of balancing it. If you want to pick up some dynabeads for the balance, I could do it. [disclaimer]Many people don't like dynabeads but others sing their praises. [/disclaimer]

whatever can go wrong will go wrong.. getting ready to help out fellow OR member and bam the wifes truck wont start so out to do that :(

No worries man, Like I said as long as the bike is shipped out by Friday I'll be fine. Gonna see if the roommate can help me out again. Gonna get a tire from Independent Motorsports and see if Hoblick can mount it for me then I'll be good to roll.

then buy new (no take off will do 3500).. i can pick you up help get the tire off and take you to pony...

You don't think a takeoff is good for 3500 miles?

I've never owned anything bigger than my EX500 for street use, so my frame of reference is undeniably skewed, but I would have thought ~3,500 miles would be doable for a take-off, and about a thousand more miles for a new tire used for mostly highway.

acceleration is what tears them up. Highway is easy on tires.

Bro you have 2 days, trust me it will happen. Drink a beer and relax.

This is true but the bike was suppose to be shipped out today at 4 this afternoon. That's why I was in a rush to get this sorted out.

You don't think a takeoff is good for 3500 miles?

I've never owned anything bigger than my EX500 for street use, so my frame of reference is undeniably skewed, but I would have thought ~3,500 miles would be doable for a take-off, and about a thousand more miles for a new tire used for mostly highway.

acceleration is what tears them up. Highway is easy on tires.

maybe mine is skewed itself.. i have never gotten more than 4k on a brand new tire.. i averaged 3-3500 before i tracked

Thanks to TwiztedRabbit for helping me get the rear tire off. Rear axle was on backwards and a impact was used to tighter the nut what a pain in the ass before he helped out. Thanks again

Best of luck to you on getting everything in order, and have a hell of a lot of fun on your trip. Take pictures if possible so all us jealous bastards stuck here can live your trip vicariously.

Edited by fizzer
suggestion irrelevant

Seems like you have a plan, but just in case you don't, I would plug the tire, put air in it, then drive to where you're getting the mount done along with the new tire and bam you're good to go. Best of luck to you on getting everything in order, and have a hell of a lot of fun on your trip. Take pictures if possible so all us jealous bastards stuck here can live your trip vicariously.

Yea I went out earlier an got a tire from Independent Motorsports luckily they had a rear for the bike a Continential 180 for $130 after taxes and our Ohio Riders discount. You guys should really check out their shop if you have not already been there good people and top notch service as well thanks guys for the help.

Edited by Jst2fst

Indmoto is nice! I wish they were located where that "other place" is that I go to out of convenience. I think I'll see what they'll charge me for a rear tire for the 250.

An arm and a leg perhaps.

Tires for the 250 are cheap. I'm going to doubt that they would stock one at indmoto, FML... It sucks that the IP is a few miles from where I work, making it so convenient to just run over there.

Call Justin and see what they charge plus can't beat the 10% discount their either.