Anyone been on 93 lately?

CleaveTheGreat

93 is beat to shit' date=' but it's manageable at moderate speeds. Lotsa' broken pavement and holes, but you can see most of them in time to change your line.[/quote']

Thats what I was worried about. Unfortunately there's no other good backroads from Coshocton to Bolivar that I know of so I might just have to suck it up.

If your looking to avoid 71 and 30, another option could be 62. Not sure of the condition though.

True but 62 through New Albany, Johnstown, etc is pretty straight and has a ton of traffic lights, which is exactly what I want to avoid. So I'll just have to watch out for rough spots and adjust my line accordingly. That sucks because when properly paved, 93 is very enjoyable.

We rode down that way a couple of weekends ago and took 93 at a good clip all the way from Beach City to Otsego. I didn't notice anything so awful.

You'll be fine - just keep your eyes shut if you're squeamish.

However, if you're planning to take 212 over from Beach City to Bolivar, there is something up - I saw signs in Bolivar about the road being closed in 4 miles but have not checked out exactly where.

Edited by bambam

Take 62 into millersburg then 83 to coshocton, very nice road

That would be completely backtracking becuase I need to get to Canton, but I agree that 83 is a nice road.

We rode down that way a couple of weekends ago and took 93 at a good clip all the way from Beach City to Otsego. I didn't notice anything so awful.

You'll be fine - just keep your eyes shut if you're squeamish.

However, if you're planning to take 212 over from Beach City to Bolivar, there is something up - I saw signs in Bolivar about the road being closed in 4 miles but have not checked out exactly where.

That was originally my plan but I think I'll just take 93 up to Canal Fulton since I need to get to the North Canton area to be exact

Well from 36 to Baltic, 93 is a gigantic piece of shit - pavement is rough and uneven on both sides with a bunch of shitty patch jobs. It's rideable but not nearly as fun as when the pavement is good. Once you get to Baltic and hit T county, the road surface is much better. Part of it is chipseal and it's dirty in a few places but overall not too bad.

Thanks bambam, forgot about 212. I should have let him know but I forgot about it.

I just checked it out. The road is closed for roadwork just west of Blough Rd. That is about half a mile east of OH21. Looks pretty much blocked off even for bikes.

I'll be taking Strasburg Bolivar Rd CR99 to get to 93 from Bolivar for the time being - actually a much nicer route anyway.