Picked up an '05 R6 the other day.

RSparky

From a guy in Xenia.

He had it on CL for $3500, so I figured it'd have something wrong with it besides "high mileage and its gonna need new tires by the end of season"

It's got swing arm extenders and a lowering link, as well as a hacked off kickstand. :nono: At least he actually lowered the front forks too lol.

I've got a used kickstand and dog bone in the mail somewhere.

Also, the tires were beyond bald... Threads showing in multiple places, gashes from doing burnouts on his gravel driveway, and cracks in the tread sipes... The rear is so flattened it looks square. Literally.

But... for $3500, it is an ok value. Made better by the Power comander, yoshi slip-on, and "claimed" jardine header. idk what it looks like, so i can't tell, but i'm not that concerned. It'll have plenty of power for little old me for quite a while anyway.

So far, the kickstand and dog bone were $40ish each.

DID X ring 520 chain, vortex spools $166 from motorcycle-superstore.

Renthal Sprockets were $70ish? from mjnmotorsports.

Tires were borrowed/free from dad, so long as I can go on his ride next weekend, but I got a set of Power Pures for $214 shipped from STG.

And to do it all at once, I know a guy who knows a guy who will do it for $200.

So roughly $4100 for adopting an 05 R6, and showing it the love it never got...;)

No pics until it's purdy.

Seems like alot of coin for an abused 6 year old R6. Did you get the stock swing arm?

it just has extenders on. when i take the axle off the extenders come off, and make me a little money. same as the lowering link.:wtf:

already has a fender elim. hids are stock lol. idk what i would even want to do!?

though yours is a track bike, you may know... can you move the connectors and readjust the lights so it has eyes, rather than one side for low beam, the other for brights?

already has a fender elim. hids are stock lol. idk what i would even want to do!?

though yours is a track bike, you may know... can you move the connectors and readjust the lights so it has eyes, rather than one side for low beam, the other for brights?

the second gen isn't really my specialty but i have seen that topic discussed quite a bit on various r6 forums. i think it's possible but obviously requires some electrical work.

ss lines, frame sliders? hows the condition of the chain and sprockets after the previous owner?