Looking for a painter / Artist

shittygsxr

We have several of the Large (8 ft) fiberglass Brutus statues that we need to have painted.

You must have references.

You must have examples of previous work.

You must have good communication skills.

You must be able to keep deadlines.

If you meet everyone of these criteria please send me a PM and I will make an appointment to show you the statues unfinished and finished.

Then you must make a schetch of your vision of the final result. Along with color samples / textures , provide a deadline and a cost estimate.

unfinished

168yj2a.jpg

example finished

6rscaf.jpg

I'm completely reliable, but I can't paint worth sh*t (though I can rattle-can something fierce), I'd even 'schetch' it up for you.

You want it to look good, or you want to meet a deadline and cost target? You can't have both from anyone on here.

My neighbor is a artist. She works regularly as a art teacher in Whitehall.

She is basically off for the summer.

She's taking college courses to get her masters.. but may have some time. I say.. may.. cause I can't fully speak for her school-work load.

She's incredibly talented though. Let me forward this to her.

Edited by DGTL GRL
(saw it was a paid gig, removed my question)

I have a BA in Fine Arts from OWU (ceramics and painting).

So I am guessing you want each statue to look different?

How many statues are there?

What is the deadline?

Cash compensation? Personal check would work. Can't fill out any W-2s. Lol.

I haven't painted since maybe a year or two after college. Sold one of my paintings though for a nice chunk. Doubt I could provide references though since it's been so long and I don't have a portfolio....UGH!

One never thinks they will actually need to USE their Fine Arts degree for art...

I have a BA in Fine Arts from OWU (ceramics and painting).

So I am guessing you want each statue to look different?

there will be a couple different designs

How many statues are there?

about a dozen

What is the deadline?

someone already screwed my deadlines so multiple artists will be contracted

Cash compensation? Personal check would work. Can't fill out any W-2s. Lol.

I dont think OSU has "personal checks"

I haven't painted since maybe a year or two after college. Sold one of my paintings though for a nice chunk. Doubt I could provide references though since it's been so long and I don't have a portfolio....UGH!

One never thinks they will actually need to USE their Fine Arts degree for art...

responses in red

you can make up to $650 iirc without reporting it to the irs.

Yeah but OSU will require me to fill out tax forms for their end. I'm an illegal fugitive who's wanted for slaughtering hundreds of baby horny toads. Can't have a paper trail.

Yeah but OSU will require me to fill out tax forms for their end. I'm an illegal fugitive who's wanted for slaughtering hundreds of baby horny toads. Can't have a paper trail.

I laughed heartily. Thank you.

I know a girl who is an upcoming OSU freshman, and she has an amazing portfolio of paintings and sketches.

Obviously I don't think that she has any references as I'm not sure that she's been commissioned by anyone yet (though I am planning to get her to do a piece for me). A lot of her art has been on display throughout OH however.

Let me know if you would like to speak with her, and I will forward your requirements to her and her parents.

I know a girl who is an upcoming OSU freshman, and she has an amazing portfolio of paintings and sketches.

Obviously I don't think that she has any references as I'm not sure that she's been commissioned by anyone yet (though I am planning to get her to do a piece for me). A lot of her art has been on display throughout OH however.

Let me know if you would like to speak with her, and I will forward your requirements to her and her parents.

lets give her a shot.

• 1 month later...

Well I just saw this, sorry for taking so long to respond.

I don't have a lot of references, unless you call Traincars, Bridges, Large walls, and trash cans as references.

Now if you really need them, I am sure my parole officer can get some coppies from the LEO.

I have completed my public service, re-painting what I painted, and would like to do something like this.

I can work with any size brush, spray can or power sprayer, while incarsarated I learned how to fix compressors and things.

So if this is still needed, I can be paid in cash on a daily basis if thats's ok, cash is easier to spend, banks don't like me to much.

I am hoping that being honest about my past will help me get this position. I can ride to work everyday, and will work overtime if necessary.

Thanks for considering me. :eek:

Ride safe all.

Greg

• 2 months later...

I am a graphic design student at Columbus State. I have plenty of completed work I can show you and I could get to work right away. Didn't see this til today or I would have responded sooner.

Let me know if you still need artists.

I am a graphic design student at Columbus State. I have plenty of completed work I can show you and I could get to work right away. Didn't see this til today or I would have responded sooner.

Let me know if you still need artists.

This opportunity is long gone.

Here is the one that I really was pushing for! there were literally thousands of photos taken with him. Next year I will use him to raise thousands for cancer research.

Marji,%20Brutus%20and%20Angela.jpg

This opportunity is long gone.

Here is the one that I really was pushing for! there were literally thousands of photos taken with him. Next year I will use him to raise thousands for cancer research.

Marji,%20Brutus%20and%20Angela.jpg

So you had him painted cream and brown and put a t shirt and spandex shorts on him and called it a day.

Shitty...

Was there any pic of the event.... were we in any of them.... ???

There were assloads of photographers but I have gone through some of the Flickr uploads and I can find us. They exist somewhere.

I have a lead volunteer dinner on the 24th I will see if they can send out a request or ask on their blog for pics of us. I know I was looking sexy

Flikr link http://www.flickr.com/photos/ridepelotonia/collections/72157627357144517/

I had a pic that was taken during the national anthem.

291750_1870543815272_1591411929_31459562_1433603_n.jpg

Edited by shittygsxr

I have a 3 year old daughter who's getting pretty good with crayons, I'm ready to let her get started with paint. She's an avid Buckeye fan - I'm sure she'd love to decorate "Cutest Buckeye." (Not sure that she heard us right when we said BRUTUS Buckeye).

Her schedule is pretty light. Most days she plays with her little brother with occasional breaks to go pee pee in the potty.

In terms of compensation, she'd probably work for free if she could climb on one of them and/or run around the studio.

If you'd like to come over and look at my refridgerator, I can show you examples of her work.