Mid-Ohio 7-11, 7-12

2Wheeler

I believe they are pretty legit on tech. I know STT let Andys friend tech at like 845, missed the first session to run his warmers, but I know it used to be you had to be there by the riders meeting.... As in signed in, then can tech after.

Anyways, Dub and I talked today should be signing up tomorrow for Tuesday, but may wait to see weather too, all of a sudden they are saying PM storms? WTF.

Weather is all over the place. Was clear a few days ago. yesterday it was 40% chance. this morning was slight chance, but rain in a.m. Now it says all clear.

Most likely with a 90degree day, they are "guessing" on an afternoon shower due to the heat.

I'm pumped. Just hope no more than a couple of sessions is rained out. I don't ride the track in the rain.

Epic success today for this guy and Dubguy. Great trip, hit the road from Polaris right at 6:20, stopped at 95 for fuel and water and hit the track at 7:30.

Signed right up, got our garage setup, and then the fun began.

Dub ran balls off like usual, damn he is fast, dad told me he was rocking it so fast he couldn't keep track of his bike at times on the front straight at the scorers area.

I had a solid run, minus ending up in the gravel pit in the first session after lunch, just cool tires, and didn't think enough after eating to warm them 1 lap. I am guessing the tires would have stuck, but I just stood her up coming out of thunder valley into 12(I didn't master that turn for some time today for some reason), and rode straight through the sand trap into the carousel grass, stopped, got back on, pitted in the check for any extra sand etc. and then turned 3 more sessions with all great laps.

Weather was perfect, hot and humid, but it is Ohio, and there was actually a breeze. Food was slamming, maybe why my mind was a tad out of it after lunch (I am fat and love food), but all in all great ran track day.

I would love to hear what came of the 2 KTM rentals that the Novice group decided to do some damage to? I saw a white one come in wadded up and saw a black one when we were packing up come in too, but didn't see any damage. Hope the riders are okay, and huge props to Mid Ohio and KTM for hooking people up with those. Especially after the one riders bike broke, Mid O and KTM went out and let the dude use one, unplanned, and unscheduled.

I am not sure who gets the most props, but I am guessing KTM as someone had to okay it or either way they supplied the bikes.

Thanks again to Dubguy, and KTM Brian for their help. I might be wrong but the cold pressures I ended the day with for the Pilot Pures were front at 28, and rear right at 26. Brian helped me get a starting point in the AM, and after they heated up about 4 psi was to be had, and seemed to get the best results once I dropped them off starting at 30 and ended at the colds listed.

Anyone looking at doing August days, I am definitely going to be going back for at least 1 if not 2 depending if I make another trek to Grattan/Gingermen.

Definitely a good time as always! It was great seeing friends again and meeting some new folks and hanging out with Larry Pegram and his dad for a little while.

I was there on the 12th and was able to ungear and run out to T1 to take some photos in the afternoon: Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced.

Yeah, It was hard to get everyone in the I group; I rode every intermediate session yesterday so I only photoed the second half of one of our afternoon sessions. A lot of riders were pitting early throughout the day so I probably missed a few others as well.

CBosman, I think I saw you actually, but didnt know you were OR. You cant miss that I am with my huge OR sticcker on my belly pan, both sides.

Track was AMAZING!!! can't wait to hit it next month.

Rusty... any news on the bike?

looks like clutch,hopefuly thats the only problem.bike should be ready for putnam august 7.

CBosman, I think I saw you actually, but didnt know you were OR. You cant miss that I am with my huge OR sticcker on my belly pan, both sides.

Track was AMAZING!!! can't wait to hit it next month.

I think I saw you drive by .... I was across from garage 9'ish ... hope to get back there asap