1 out of 5 Ohioans would fail driver's test

Casper

Yeah, all the females were saying the poll can't be right. :lol: It's like government testing, just keep redoing it till you get the answer you like.;)

Like I put in the shout box, 27% of women drivers! It was on the news so you know it's true. :D

I failed my exam twice before I got my license. One time was a complete downpour and I couldn't see the cones. Second time, the lot was a sheet of ice and I tapped a cone and it went sliding. That's Cleveland for ya.

I'd like to add I have never been in a car accident, nor have I ever received a ticket in my life. How many of you guys can say that?

I'd like to add I have never been in a car accident, nor have I ever received a ticket in my life. How many of you guys can say that?

I've never been in a car accident while riding my motorcycle and I've never received a speeding ticket while riding off road. :D

I failed my exam twice before I got my license. One time was a complete downpour and I couldn't see the cones. Second time, the lot was a sheet of ice and I tapped a cone and it went sliding. That's Cleveland for ya.

Wait.... I met you because you had an accident on your bike.....

Wait.... I met you because you had an accident on your bike.....

If you wanna call stepping in some oil while it's raining at a stop light and dumping a legit accident, then sure lol. But I did have a real accident when I first learned how to ride. That's why I specified CAR in my original post ;)

you should have received a ticket though. in Ohio that's failure to control. and depending on what rolls out of your tank bag and pockets, failure to secure load. while they were there you should have had a field sobriety test too.

this is ohio....land of dick cops.

Edited by serpentracer

I have had a refresher in the last 2 years from helping kids work on their permit test. I will say, a lot of crap has changed, a lot of it nit picky little things, but it was still stuff on the quizzes that got me, a lot of it having to do with the laws about new drivers.

Now I can say, I have passed the written test 3 times in my life, Once when I was 16, again in Oklahoma when I moved there at age 21, and again in Ohio when I moved home age 25. If you add the MC permit test, that takes my count to 4, all passed on the first time. :D

I think the report is right. Many in Ohio could not pass the test. Ohio has way too many craptastic drivers. And in my circle of friends there are more female bad drivers than male.

Just another symptom of the dumbing down of America. I have no doubt that some politician will see this 1 in 5 statistic as a sign that the drivers test needs to be made even easier. And while they're at it, there needs to be law requiring seat belts on motorcycles. (Don't laugh, legislators have tried.)

Take the sample test from the BMV.

http://bmv.ohio.gov/dl_sample_test.stm

If you don't get 100% on this test then you should tear up your license. ( Ok, you're allowed to miss the question about the age of a driver that a parent must sign for. Some of you old farts probably started driving before they had tests. Or roads. Although I got it right ;) )

"1 in 5 Ohioans would PASS drivers test"

somehow THIS seems more accurate to me

exactly what I was thinking. When I read "1 out of 5 would fail," the first thing that went through my mind was, "that's it?"

And the larger problem is 90% of those that COULD pass choose to drive in a manner that they know violates the rules of the road.

I don't care if you're doing 5 or 10 over the limit on the highway or major roads, but keep it under 30 in neighborhoods. Use your damn turn signal when there's traffic around, and don't assume that your turn signal entitles you to cut me off. It's an expression of your desire to change lanes; not an illuminated road block that entitles you to a space. Don't cross solid pained lines. This pisses me off most at the highway exit by my house. The lanes shift to the left to create a right-turn only lane, and people in the left lane routinely go straight instead of shifting with their lane. It's a solid fucking line, and there's a giant sign on the bridge above that says "LANES SHIFT."

If I held my lane every time someone would have hit me there, I could literally have been involved in at least 10 accidents in the last year, and not been at fault for any of them. That's no exaggeration. My horn gets a workout there.

exactly what I was thinking. When I read "1 out of 5 would fail," the first thing that went through my mind was, "that's it?"

And the larger problem is 90% of those that COULD pass choose to drive in a manner that they know violates the rules of the road.

I don't care if you're doing 5 or 10 over the limit on the highway or major roads, but keep it under 30 in neighborhoods. Use your damn turn signal when there's traffic around, and don't assume that your turn signal entitles you to cut me off. It's an expression of your desire to change lanes; not an illuminated road block that entitles you to a space. Don't cross solid pained lines. This pisses me off most at the highway exit by my house. The lanes shift to the left to create a right-turn only lane, and people in the left lane routinely go straight instead of shifting with their lane. It's a solid fucking line, and there's a giant sign on the bridge above that says "LANES SHIFT."

If I held my lane every time someone would have hit me there, I could literally have been involved in at least 10 accidents in the last year, and not been at fault for any of them. That's no exaggeration. My horn gets a workout there.

ah must be right by 480 and Brookpark? Whenever I was towing the jet skis last summer, it was almost on cue that I'd have a close call because of some asshole not knowing how the road works. Then again with that area being Little PR anymore, none of them speak or read english to understand road signs

If you don't get 100% on this test then you should tear up your license. ( Ok, you're allowed to miss the question about the age of a driver that a parent must sign for. Some of you old farts probably started driving before they had tests. Or roads. Although I got it right ;) )

ehh 90% screwed up with the bus

ah must be right by 480 and Brookpark? Whenever I was towing the jet skis last summer, it was almost on cue that I'd have a close call because of some asshole not knowing how the road works. Then again with that area being Little PR anymore, none of them speak or read english to understand road signs

yes. it's notoriously bad. It's the Ridge exit, but the intersection in question is between 480 and Brookpark, so I'm 99% sure we're talking about the same place.

Tpoppa can probably back us up on this as well, although he probably exits at Tiedeman...

I only have a couple of Spanish-speaking neighbors that I know of. I'm sure other parts of Parma are more densely populated with Spanish-speaking families. The people by me seem nice enough though. The white trash couple in their late 40's who RENT across from me piss me off more. Their fucking cats drives my dog nuts, and Hank is going to plow through my screen one of these days and catch one. I'll leave it on their door step with a note that says, "sorry about your cat. Please keep the rest of them in your yard." My dog isn't all over their shit...

yes. it's notoriously bad. It's the Ridge exit, but the intersection in question is between 480 and Brookpark, so I'm 99% sure we're talking about the same place.

Tpoppa can probably back us up on this as well, although he probably exits at Tiedeman...

I only have a couple of Spanish-speaking neighbors that I know of. I'm sure other parts of Parma are more densely populated with Spanish-speaking families. The people by me seem nice enough though. The white trash couple in their late 40's who RENT across from me piss me off more. Their fucking cats drives my dog nuts, and Hank is going to plow through my screen one of these days and catch one. I'll leave it on their door step with a note that says, "sorry about your cat. Please keep the rest of them in your yard." My dog isn't all over their shit...

yup thats the intersection! The jet skis we had last year were kept at a friends place off Ridge Rd and that was the quickest way downtown. That area south of Brookpark isn't where its densely populated, its the area north of there that becomes what people call Lil PR

Test Results

You answered 100% of the questions correctly.

Congratulations on your perfect score!

:rolleyes: I did fail my MC written test the first time because I didn't know who the director of highway safety was and the punishments for drugs and alcohol. I don't use either so I didn't study that.:D

you should have received a ticket though. in Ohio that's failure to control. and depending on what rolls out of your tank bag and pockets, failure to secure load. while they were there you should have had a field sobriety test too.

this is ohio....land of dick cops.

Actually, a cop was nearby and blocked me off to help me and make sure I was ok. I couldn't pick the bike up and people in cars were just staring at me like zombies. He was the only one that actually gave a damn. A minivan turning left from the other direction almost ran over my head. No one cared. He helped me pick it up and push it over to the gas station because the clutch lever snapped in half. Nothing fell out of my pockets or off the bike ;)

:rolleyes: I did fail my MC written test the first time because I didn't know who the director of highway safety was and the punishments for drugs and alcohol. I don't use either so I didn't study that.:D

OK...so what were the other 8 questions you got wrong....:eek:

You only need to get 30 out of 40, so you must have missed at least 10 to fail right? :D

Actually, a cop was nearby and blocked me off to help me and make sure I was ok. I couldn't pick the bike up and people in cars were just staring at me like zombies. He was the only one that actually gave a damn. A minivan turning left from the other direction almost ran over my head. No one cared. He helped me pick it up and push it over to the gas station because the clutch lever snapped in half. Nothing fell out of my pockets or off the bike ;)

Enjoy sexism, because a guy probably would have gotten a ticket.

OK...so what were the other 8 questions you got wrong....:eek:

You only need to get 30 out of 40, so you must have missed at least 10 to fail right? :D

I had a lot of if you drank three beers and had a .016BAC what would the fine be questions. I also think it is less than 10 you have to get wrong. Either way two days later I got 100% by studying the alcohol and drug info.

Enjoy sexism, because a guy probably would have gotten a ticket.

actually she should have gotten a ticket according to ohio law.

it would have been failure to control.

when I crashed my bike in Kentucky many years ago I asked the cop how much it was gonna cost me. he laughed and said this isn't ohio. we feel sorry for you and don't tickets for crashes at all.

they're a no fault state.

Just asked my friend who's a cop and he said I probably couldn't be ticketed because I wasn't moving when it happened. The bike had already stopped. I asked if it would be the same as your car stalling at a light or your tire popping when you came to a stop. He said he doesn't know why anyone would get a ticket for stalling or laying a bike down.