OSU vacates the 2010 season and places itself on 2 year probation

InyaAzz

I heard that vacating the 2010 wins and self-imposed probation was part of a proposal by OSU to the NCAA, a plea-bargain of sorts. NCAA may or may not accept. Still, it's probably pretty close to what the NCAA are gonna do anyway.

If you wanna impress me, give the money back from the bowl games.

Yeah....that's what I thought.

Wow campus is crazy right now, Dr Gee just made an announcement that their number one priority is to impress InyaAzz. :) I guess OR.net is officially mainstream

If you want the players to be accountable and give a shit about not breaking NCAA rules, make THEM pay back their scholarship benefits if they violate the rules.

I might even go so far as suggesting that the University should be able to sue the athletes for lost revenue during the penalty period (i.e. if OSU has a record that would have granted a bowl appearance, but they're ineligible; the players who caused that ineligibility pay expectant damages in that amount. Of course the University's own negligence with their compliance department would be factored in as well, so the players would never be on the hook for more than half.)

All this is stupid ... in any realm can someone make money for working hard ... these players and couches work hard ... I guess I must not really understand what is going on

The players and coaches signed agreements (contracts) that said they would abide by the NCAA's rules. Then they violated those rules.

Whether or not the rules are moronic or not is irrelevant - it's a contract violation, and all parties preemptively agreed that the NCAA gets to decide the penalty.

If you want the players to be accountable and give a shit about not breaking NCAA rules, make THEM pay back their scholarship benefits if they violate the rules.

I might even go so far as suggesting that the University should be able to sue the athletes for lost revenue during the penalty period (i.e. if OSU has a record that would have granted a bowl appearance, but they're ineligible; the players who caused that ineligibility pay expectant damages in that amount. Of course the University's own negligence with their compliance department would be factored in as well, so the players would never be on the hook for more than half.)

:+15million::rulez:

I have to admit she's looking pretty good in that picture.

she looks real good in a lot of pics. Probably how a wacko like her got knocked up in the first place.

I don't even mind the super-short hair in some of the shots.

The players and coaches signed agreements (contracts) that said they would abide by the NCAA's rules. Then they violated those rules.

Whether or not the rules are moronic or not is irrelevant - it's a contract violation, and all parties preemptively agreed that the NCAA gets to decide the penalty.

Agreed ... I just want to see some football ... the pro's aren't playing ... OSU is what I have left

All this is stupid ... in any realm can someone make money for working hard ... these players and couches work hard ... I guess I must not really understand what is going on

It's really very easy, it's answered right here...

Until the NFL starts taking players straight out of HS, you play by the NCAA rules for a few years until you think you can break out and join the draft or run out of eligibility in the NCAA and join the draft. Necessary evil.

Rich kids don't do time. This whole thing is fairly amusing.

Bingo. This whole thing with OSU is one massive circlejerk.

the NFL could (should?) start its own minor-league system. It works for baseball. I don't know the percentages, but it seems to me that more players come from the minors than from the NCAA.

Frankly, I am surprised the NFL hasn't tried to dip into that revenue pool and compete with college football.

it might actually even be a great stepping stone into a tiered league system, like European soccer. The top 2 teams in the lower league move up the next season, and the bottom 2 teams move down. Just come up with cute names for them instead of "majors" and "minors," and everyone has a place to play.