Bell Star Question

RSparky

The gear shop is more for money making, so I hope this is the best place to put this.

Ok, so I finally got the Bell Star from motorcyclecloseouts. I now know why it was on closeout. The original visor had an antifog film problem, so it was all bubbley and scrapey, so they included a new visor. Not a big deal. I have an extra in case something happens. :-) I love that I can actually feel air on my forehead when the vents are open! Not something I was used to with my scorpion.

My question though, is about the nose breath deflector. It seems to want to pop up on the right side. Anybody else have this problem? It's not a big deal, only really does it when I hold the helmet by the chinbar. So really, whenever I hold the helmet.. :-/ Just a slight annoyance when I go to put it on. Anyone gotten a new deflector and have that fix the problem? I've thought about RTV'ing it down, but I'd rather not put chemicals in there.

Mine pops up in the left but only when I'm carrying it by the chinbar. It doesn't pop up by itself or anything. No problem with the shield. No other problems at all actually.

It's the best fitting helmet I've ever tried on hence why I bought it.

As you said it does move slot of air over your face and head. Gotta love that.

Mine pops up in the left but only when I'm carrying it by the chinbar. It doesn't pop up by itself or anything. No problem with the shield. No other problems at all actually.

It's the best fitting helmet I've ever tried on hence why I bought it.

As you said it does move slot of air over your face and head. Gotta love that.

love the ventilation... it's not even that loud, coming from the dam scorpion.

i checked the deflector out, and the little tab stop on that side seems to be molded at a slight angle. so, i'm thinking a sliver or two or electrical tape will fix it right up. but i'll try to get to that tomorrow. going drinking now. :-)

love the ventilation... it's not even that loud, coming from the dam scorpion.

i checked the deflector out, and the little tab stop on that side seems to be molded at a slight angle. so, i'm thinking a sliver or two or electrical tape will fix it right up. but i'll try to get to that tomorrow. going drinking now. :-)

Which Scorpion did you have? Do you think its heavier or lighter than the Scorpion? I've been looking at these myself.

• 3 months later...

haven't been to this thread... but webbikeworld showed that it's a ton lighter than the scorpion.

new question!:

to anyone who has the solfx visor. i just ordered one from motorcycle-superstore, and it seems as though the edges were machined down. the regular visor has cast beveled smooth edges, where the new one you can tell it was sanded. it wasn't straight form a cast. kinda confusing post, i know. but, i'm wondering if this was originally made for another helmet or something. anyone else noticed this?

waddaya mean, you can tell the difference? from the edges? or are you talking about the tinting?

i expect the tint to be noticeable lol.

just curious as to the manufacturing process, and why the solfx visor looks sanded around the rear.

tinted duh you can tell the diff.. i was refering to the manufacturing process there is a distinct difference but it doesnt affect the performance of the visor.. meaning it opens and closes and seals just fine.. but there is a noticable(to me) diff in the way it was "finished"