Wal-mart battery

Beegreenstrings

I just replaced my battery in the spring. I rode my bike to work for a call out on Sunday came home. Left it parked outside of the garage, thought maybe I would have to take another trip somewhere. Came out later on to put it away and it was dead. WTF?

Pulled the battery and put it on the charger. Kicks off immediately. States it has a dead cell? WTF!

Plus now to boot in my arse one more time, wally world is saying that they will not cover it? Again, WTF!

why, in the first place, would you buy a battery for a motorcycle from walmart? thats the last thing i would be buying from wal mart. i would get an oil change from wal mart before id buy a battery there.

Edited by ICEMAN

Go buy another one same model. Return your dead one and say it was dead and you want your money back.

I believe that they got smart and started checking dates on the products

Go buy another one same model. Return your dead one and say it was dead and you want your money back.

That's return fraud. It's treated like shoplifting. Is it worth a criminal history?

I buy batteries from meijer and never had any problems.

Is the battery branded walmart or is it another manufacturer (like Duracell etc) that you can follow up with. Walmart probably doesn't hold the full warranty on a 3rd-party product - once you get past the satisfaction guarantee period you have to go back to the manufacturer. None of those stores do. Own-brand stuff, sure, but not 3rd party.

I bought a CD player for my car from Best Buy years ago. $300. Got it installed and found it didn't work - the radio would only play a station if you tuned to that station then turned the radio off and on again. Not on clearance or anything. Took it back about 2 hours after buying it and they refused to warranty it, saying I had to go back to the manufacturer. I argued with them for a while and they wouldn't budge. Then I asked if they had a satusfaction guarantee and they said yes. I said I wasn't satisfied. They tried to charge me a restocking fee. After another 15 minutes they waived the restocking fee if I bougth another cd player right there and then. I had already picked a new one out, so that was no big.

EDIT: And I made sure they knew the CD player was broken. And I put a note inside the manual that said; "I returned this as broken. If you were sold this as new then you were ripped off."

Edited by Scruit

Is the battery branded walmart or is it another manufacturer (like Duracell etc) that you can follow up with. Walmart probably doesn't hold the full warranty on a 3rd-party product - once you get past the satisfaction guarantee period you have to go back to the manufacturer. None of those stores do. Own-brand stuff, sure, but not 3rd party.

(N)Everstart

That's return fraud. It's treated like shoplifting. Is it worth a criminal history?

i dont think ive ever heard of someone getting arrested for that, much less prosecuted and convicted.

That's what I do. Think their warranty is 3 months. Really?? Not to intentionally steal from someone/store. But if I'm getting the shaft, as the OP, then I will do what it takes to make things "right". I will not be screwed if I can help it, and I DO seek revenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont think ive ever heard of someone getting arrested for that, much less prosecuted and convicted.

You're looking in the wrong place.

Try here - the "Shoplifting and Retail Fraud" subforum of ExpertLaw. It's mostly shoplifting, but return fraud is covered here too. Read some of the sob stories - peope get prosecute for it all the time. Also look up the concept of the Civil Demand. Some states allow a store to demand a civil penalty of up to 10x the retail value of the property stolen/defrauded. That's on top of the criminal prosecution.

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

hmmm everything i see on my cursory search is either people taking stuff off the shelf and trying to return it for store credit, or people returning stuff to a store that they did not purchase from...

will look more later.

this...

i've done it.

it's an identical battery, how do they know which one came from which box?

typically my walmart batteries last a few seasons as long as I don't let them freeze (put them in the basement for winter)

Edited by magley64

this...

i've done it.

it's an identical battery, how do they know which one came from which box?

typically my walmart batteries last a few seasons as long as I don't let them freeze (put them in the basement for winter)

Few seasons?? Few months mYbe. Never got more than one season out of one

Few seasons?? Few months mYbe. Never got more than one season out of one

*shrug* maybe you assembled them wrong/charged them wrong, or maybe you got a dud...

mine typically last 3 seasons, after that i change them out of peace of mind...for 50 bux it's cheap assurance. I also upgraded to a larger battery than stock (pulled the rubber spacers out from under the battery compartment)

i got a 9 now, used to be a 6 (whatever arbitrary number system they use)

I bought a CD player for my car from Best Buy years ago. $300. Got it installed and found it didn't work - the radio would only play a station if you tuned to that station then turned the radio off and on again. Not on clearance or anything. Took it back about 2 hours after buying it and they refused to warranty it, saying I had to go back to the manufacturer. I argued with them for a while and they wouldn't budge. Then I asked if they had a satusfaction guarantee and they said yes. I said I wasn't satisfied. They tried to charge me a restocking fee. After another 15 minutes they waived the restocking fee if I bougth another cd player right there and then. I had already picked a new one out, so that was no big.

EDIT: And I made sure they knew the CD player was broken. And I put a note inside the manual that said; "I returned this as broken. If you were sold this as new then you were ripped off."

Walmart here did that with a TV came back broken they put it back out on the floor a customer found in the box the old customer phone number in the box so she called the number. better businesses like to here things like that