My crash of shame.

Kent2406

dude that sucks, but i hope you heal fast. I'd say fighter the bike, but thats only because i was thinking about doing to mine when i got a new bike in a couple years...outside that, i know you're on Kawiforums so your best bet would be to get with them on the parts.

Kent' date=' what kind of armor is in that suit? I am surprised your elbow took such a beating. My Joe Rocket boots and textile pants saved my right leg when I smacked that fawn at ~60mph in WV a few weeks ago. I had a little bruising, but nothing got busted.[/quote']

Actually, there wasn't a mark on the entire left arm of the jacket. By the looks of my left glove, I believe I tried to catch myself and jammed everything.

P1040621.jpg

P1040622.jpg

Saw the doc today that's performing the surgery and he's 75% sure he's going to cut the top of the bone off and attach a prosthetic. He won't know for sure till he get's in there and looks at the pieces. Also, I had the bone wrong. It's the head of the radius that's shattered.

In that pic I think you look like him. Add a mohawk, goatee and some piercings...

Try it. Act like you lost your voice, I could pass for your crackhead roadie (The roadie part would be tough, I already look like a crackhead.)

I seen this thread a few days ago, but was running late and couldn't look up a video. I've had their cover of "King of pain" stuck in my head since.

Saw the doc today that's performing the surgery and he's 75% sure he's going to cut the top of the bone off and attach a prosthetic. He won't know for sure till he get's in there and looks at the pieces. Also, I had the bone wrong. It's the head of the radius that's shattered.

that sounds ugly. unlucky break...pun intended.

of course you can now brag about your "parts"

that's what I do with the rod in my leg and plate in my wrist.:D

The officer didn't site you because you were only going 45mph at the time of your crash. At least that was my best guess when he asked me anyways:) Then he called me the next day to get your cell number but I told him that I just met that bum on the day of the crash. Just kidding. I hope you lose weight on the hospital food because I had a Hell of a time picking your ass up. Get well soon brother...

Haha! You're funny! I'm about 190 nekid, with gear, I'm sure I was pretty heavy. Unfortunately, I received a phone call today from the wonderful officer, let's me know a "failure to control" ticket is in the mail. Tells me the ambulance left the scene before he had the opportunity to finish his paperwork.

Video turned out well, but I'd much rather have gotten one of us on OH-260 than this :(

That was such a weird crash - relatively slow speed, and just right off. Really makes me think about how important it is to maintain a constant focus.

Glad you're ok, but sorry to hear about the potential for some pretty major surgery.

Heal up and take care.

Yeah, I just screwed up and did exactly what you're not suppose to do. Once I looked at the grass, it was all over.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to edit what footage I did get but it has a lot of boring stuff. As soon as I'm done hacking it, I'll post it in your original ride thread.

This ride, definitely not all that technical, is however, the ride that took me out so I've already decided that when I'm back up and running, it will be my first ride back out on the bike, just so I can finish what I started. Depending on my heal time, may not be this year, but it will get done. Hopefully I can get you guys to go with me again.

See whatcha get fer riding one of dem sporty bikes.....jk man. Dude you were clipping along at a pretty rapid rate. Glad to hear you suffered only minor injuries. The bike can be fixed.

Take care and heal up, lots of summer left...

Yeah, I just screwed up and did exactly what you're not suppose to do. Once I looked at the grass, it was all over.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to edit what footage I did get but it has a lot of boring stuff. As soon as I'm done hacking it, I'll post it in your original ride thread.

This ride, definitely not all that technical, is however, the ride that took me out so I've already decided that when I'm back up and running, it will be my first ride back out on the bike, just so I can finish what I started. Depending on my heal time, may not be this year, but it will get done. Hopefully I can get you guys to go with me again.

i would be in for that

i would be in for that

Same here - I'll be in whenever you're ready.

I'm curious to see some of the video on 83 - It's not the most technical, but there are some sections that are great fun.

Well how are you doin as of today man? Feeling any better yet?

Well, I was doing better a few days ago. Doesn't seem like the swelling is going down, if anything it feels like it's getting worse. All the drugs they had me loaded up on, has worn off, making my arm very uncomfortable. No pain, just annoying. The rest of my upper body is pretty sore and bruising. Other than that, I'm doing pretty good.

Here's a couple pictures of my fingers. You can see how swollen they are.

P1040629.jpg

P1040630.jpg