Thinking about buying a tablet? Here, have $100 off at Staples.

Casper

i dont get the tablet craze.....they do everything a smart phone does, except they dont make phone calls (without skype or google phone or whatever else).....its like lugging around a huge cell phone, but still having to keep your cell phone in your pocket

when i think of tablets, i think of those old school cell phones that came in briefcases lol

Briefcase-273x300.jpg

i dont get the tablet craze.....they do everything a smart phone does, except they dont make phone calls (without skype or google phone or whatever else).....its like lugging around a huge cell phone, but still having to keep your cell phone in your pocket

I want one due to i am never in the same place and travel for work and its easier to have a tablet than a laptop and my phone doesn't run flash and i like my flash games :cool: and what jbot said as well :D

when i think of tablets, i think of those old school cell phones that came in briefcases lol

Briefcase-273x300.jpg

You remind me of the people who used to say computers were just a fad. :lol:

Briefcase-273x300.jpg

For those of us who deal with technology as part of our jobs, I find them very useful. If I need to find/do something quickly, I don't have to fish through my laptop bag, get my laptop, fire it up, find what I need, and do what I need to do. Tablets offer a very easy way to get to (most) of my administration software, as long as you can find one that has the capabilities you need.

I want one due to i am never in the same place and travel for work and its easier to have a tablet than a laptop and my phone doesn't run flash and i like my flash games :cool: and what jbot said as well :D

Sounds like someone is aiding the Apple patent lawyers. :D

Yes I have an iPhone lol but that's the only apple product I own I won't pay over $1000 for an under powered Mac book when I can custom make a PC or laptop that has the same if not more power for equal or less cost Macs are for multimedia productions that's the only thing ive found them useful for and that was in school for digital media production got me a free trip to Reno with Final Cut Pro :D

Tried to get the Asus Transformer, but its OOS online and not sold in stores. Office Depot wont PM either on this particular model (only the Galaxy, Acer, Blackberry, and another one). Cant seem to get the same luck as other guys on Fatwallet.

Suckage.

I just got a Acer Iconia tab with that coupon Thanks Casper!! my weekend will be well spent making it exactly to my OCD specifications :D

I've been eyeing that one too. How do you like it so far?

I've been eyeing that one too. How do you like it so far?

Its pretty sweet so far im at work so no wifi to tap into (password and im to lazy to ask IT lol) but its overall performance is great so far screen is amazing but at certain angles you can see the grid of dots that is the touchscreen hardware Acer uses but doesn't bother me all that much and the fact that I can plug a keyboard into it is awesome as well and micro SD :D

Want the Asus (always out of stock), Moto, or Samsung myself. Not a big Acer fan.

Easy (well, for some of use nerd/geeks) to put *nix on :D

So, should I buy that little 2-smoke NS50, a HD shotty (Rem 870 tac), or a tablet this weekend?

The tablet i got the Acer Iconia had reviews stating it was the xoom but with more features and cheaper price

Features? As in? Just curious.

Most the software features the Acer comes with are also Android apps i can dl. This makes the xoom more desirable to me since i dont have to have all the pre-installed crap I may not use.

The cameras on the xoom are also better. Acer has always had issues with their cams...esp with the laptops. The cams are important to me since I skype alot.