Pilot Power cupping?

216cityboy

Is it really cupping or is it one of the edges of the the rain sipes being taller than the other.

It's hard to tell from the pics. I guess I assumed it was cupping, but you bring up a great point. If the sipes are raised on the back edge (trailing edge) it is a high and low speed issue possibly as an example. Suspension... If the leading edge, it is most likely rebound.

In all honesty, it is probably suspension if it relates to the sipes. If it is cupping, it is pressure.

It's a tough call as to the right PSI as it can depend on suspension, the way you ride, where you ride, your aggressiveness, etc. It's really tough to tell people PSI numbers without those things known. I always state that 36-40 on street isn't too bad a place to start. 29-30 is where we tend to tell street tire riding folks to go at the track. ALL are general and can vary - it is a deal where you as the rider need to look at your tire and catch it before it gets so bad it ruins the tire...

Need to get you some sport touring tires. I have a avon st in front (32 psi) and a conti road attack rear (38 psi). The front was from a previous set were the rear picked up a nail. Anyway the front has about 10k on it and still looks decent (probably will need replaced after this season) and the rear as about 7-8k and will probably need to be replaced after this season also, but with the power our bikes are putting out and proper psi you should be able to get at least twice the mileage i would say on the conti's or avons....imo of course. I might add that most of the miles on my bike came from commuting (last year - Ben & Judd) and occational twisties at least once a month for a couple hundred miles.