1971 Mach1 351C, automatic

Revelstoker

Hi all,

My uncle passed away this spring and my aunt would like to sell his 1971 Mach1. It is an automatic with the 351 Cleveland. Only 54,000 original miles.

I am editing this post in another attempt to get the car gone. My aunt had someone take a look and based on condition and what it would take to get it running, $8500 is where she is at now for the car.

I will see about putting up some pictures.

Edited by Revelstoker
update

cool-ass car, but if memory serves, the 71 was the first year they started to get bigger and uglier.

Automatic is a shame too. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own it - but the '69 Mach 1 was the peak of sexy for Mustangs.

LBTS - GLWS.

Agree, I like the '69 and under cars and that is largely why I took a pass on the car. Plus, my garage is full of bikes. On the plus side, '71 or '72 was the last year of the big motors. This one has the big block, 351 Cleveland in it (or so I have been told). Wish it was the 429CJ and I would have taken it, automatic or not.

Here are a few pictures and if anyone is interested, send me a PM and I will get you in touch with my Aunt.

Shows how much I know. I thought Clevelands were Big Block and Windsors were not.

If this was a 429cj, I would have it in my garage but since it is not and I am not a big fan of the body style, I took a pass. Just too far into the bike thing these days.

Price is negotiable through my Aunt and she at $8,500. I will reply to the individuals that are inquiring with her contact info.

This car has low miles (54k), body is in good condition for its age (no major rust) and probably needs just a little work (fuel, fluids, hoses/belts) to get running. Full restore would be different.

Edited by Revelstoker

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't look like a 71 but a 73 had one in red.

I can't tell from pic if the front bumper is chrome or not.

again any idea on price. These cars bring the value the early cars did. They made more Machs these years then they did regular coupes.

hmm...he makes a valid point...its odd that the stripes are wrong

has it been repainted or something?

71 mach

72429thunderjet1.jpg

My Aunt made no mention of repainting. Only that my uncle was the second owner of the car and she didn't know of any mods done to the car. She says that it is all original. Not so sure on those wheels, though????

the VIN is 1F05H107151

I ran the VIN on this site: http://www.decodethis.com/VINDecoded/tabid/53/Default.aspx?vin=1F05H107151

Edited by Revelstoker

My Aunt made no mention of repainting. Only that my uncle was the second owner of the car and she didn't know of any mods done to the car.

the VIN is 1F05H107151

its definitely a 71...was just curious if it was being made into a 73 clone or if it was just restriped...the back bumper matches a 71, was curious if the front grille did or if it was redone also....doesnt matter though, nice car either way....not a fan of that body style, but i always love to see old stangs in such good condition

• 1 year later...