Jet Kit

goldnchild000

I could put the jet kit in, but tunning it will be difficult. My CBR had suggested settings for the Needle clips. I will see if I can find something online for a base line on the 250.

What brand of Jet kit is used?

I see in the Dynojet model there is some drilling of the carbs involved. But the Factory Pro kit is a drop in with no drilling.

I could put the jet kit in, but tunning it will be difficult. My CBR had suggested settings for the Needle clips. I will see if I can find something online for a base line on the 250.

What brand of Jet kit is used?

I see in the Dynojet model there is some drilling of the carbs involved. But the Factory Pro kit is a drop in with no drilling.

U are kind of talking spanish to me lol I'm not sure what model it is.. It been in a box in my room for 9 months so I will look when I get home.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_to_improve_my_carburetor_jetting.

i cant speak for the 250, but on my 500 the stock exhaust isnt very restrictive at all, and rejetting is pretty much a waste of gas. you may get a flat spot in the lower RPM but that can easily be tuned out with the pilot screws. on the 500, its not going to get you any more power.

the thing about the 500 is that its a finite thing with a limit. it has been reached. any attempt to make it better really only makes it mad.

The bike needs it period. Full exhausts are usually needing tuned. You can let it go and get what was described as a flat spot, but a jet kit allows tuning to be much more exact.

Read the label on the box for the jet kit. Will say probably Dynojet, K&N (Dynojet) or Factory Tuning.

All are good.

What you want is to replace the needles as the tapper is different. However, not always better. Make sure that whoever puts it in has access to a dyno. If not, PM me and I can lead you to a guy that can do this from start to finish and is about 2 hours from Cincy.

A dyno is needed because the tuning is needed through the whole rev range. Seat of the pants tuning is a myth and outside a few old guys who have done carbs for enough years to know, it is pretty much a difficult situation.

You bought an exhaust, have a jet kit, now get it put in the right way.

The reason they probably didn't want to do it is for liability sake. A lot of dealers won't because it techically isn't allowed and for off road use only....

A little suggestion - take the tank, plastic and whatever else needing removed off before you take it anywhere. Why? Labor... You don't need to worry about the tank as they will use a motion Pro remote fuel container and hang it to allow fuel to be used.

This isn't a garage fixer. You can do it and if you want to go that route, just do as the other guy stated and leave it alone.

The bike needs it period. Full exhausts are usually needing tuned. You can let it go and get what was described as a flat spot, but a jet kit allows tuning to be much more exact.

Read the label on the box for the jet kit. Will say probably Dynojet, K&N (Dynojet) or Factory Tuning.

All are good.

What you want is to replace the needles as the tapper is different. However, not always better. Make sure that whoever puts it in has access to a dyno. If not, PM me and I can lead you to a guy that can do this from start to finish and is about 2 hours from Cincy.

A dyno is needed because the tuning is needed through the whole rev range. Seat of the pants tuning is a myth and outside a few old guys who have done carbs for enough years to know, it is pretty much a difficult situation.

You bought an exhaust, have a jet kit, now get it put in the right way.

The reason they probably didn't want to do it is for liability sake. A lot of dealers won't because it techically isn't allowed and for off road use only....

A little suggestion - take the tank, plastic and whatever else needing removed off before you take it anywhere. Why? Labor... You don't need to worry about the tank as they will use a motion Pro remote fuel container and hang it to allow fuel to be used.

This isn't a garage fixer. You can do it and if you want to go that route, just do as the other guy stated and leave it alone.

+ :confused: + :confused:, ah heck I +1000 that.

Kind of what I was going to get to once we knew which brand DJ it was. As I said the DynoJet requires widening of the holes in the Carbs with a drill (all drill bits provided though) where the Factory Pro tunning kit I believe just has couple sets of needles and clips.

If you really want the bike to run true and the best of it's ability then I would take Lizard up, and get the name of the person with a dyno, as that is the only way to get them set where they need to be for the bike.

Because even though you put the kits in they may need to be taken out and adjusted.

OK its a Dyno Jet kit.. I'm pretty much just looking for someone to install it or help me to install it cause I really dont know much about it at all! So I"m not asking for free bees but I dont want to pay $250 to have it installed like cycle specialties is trying to charge!

OK its a Dyno Jet kit.. I'm pretty much just looking for someone to install it or help me to install it cause I really dont know much about it at all! So I"m not asking for free bees but I dont want to pay $250 to have it installed like cycle specialties is trying to charge!

$250 sounds steep. I will check my source and see. Is getting it to teh Indy area tough?

Install can be damn near free depending on who you trust. Getting it dyno time is going to cost at least $100

$250 sounds steep. I will check my source and see. Is getting it to teh Indy area tough?

Install can be damn near free depending on who you trust. Getting it dyno time is going to cost at least $100

Rueben??

I can help get it to him if needs be..

Or if she wants I can put the Kit in. Instructions in the kit shouldn't be to hard. But I wouldn't be able to do do the tunning, but Pro Stock down on Harrison could tune it.

Unless you are race tuning a dyno is not necessary, you can find and eliminate most dead spots by seat of your pants tuning.

Not really. Why spend money on a jet kit if all you are going to do is slap it in and guess what is optimum? Plus, with jet kits, an exhaust gas/air analyzer is needed...

Rueben??

I can help get it to him if needs be..

Or if she wants I can put the Kit in. Instructions in the kit shouldn't be to hard. But I wouldn't be able to do do the tunning, but Pro Stock down on Harrison could tune it.

Just slap it in and have Pro Stock do it. I forgot they have a dyno...

Well if someone would want to install it, would it be bad if I drove it to Pro stock with it not tuned... (like I said I know NOTHING about this!) I do know however that most of the people I ride with take there bikes up there so I would deffinatly be willing to try them out and I"m sure it cant be to expensive to tune it. Someone offered to install it for $50 last summer but I didn't really trust him so I didn't do it!

Well if someone would want to install it, would it be bad if I drove it to Pro stock with it not tuned... (like I said I know NOTHING about this!) I do know however that most of the people I ride with take there bikes up there so I would deffinatly be willing to try them out and I"m sure it cant be to expensive to tune it. Someone offered to install it for $50 last summer but I didn't really trust him so I didn't do it!

I will install it, and I got a pickup to take it down to Pro Stock to let them tune. I think if we take it down without the gas tank tune will probably be in the range of $100-$150 sound about right Lizard?