MSC in TX

redbarron77

Now please remember that I haven't ridden a bike since '92...wife agreed to the purchase of a bike at the end of the year, but this '05 Honda Shadow Aero showed up on Craigslist at such a great price....So I picked it up a couple of weekends ago. Last week, put myself on the waitlist for the Motorcycle Safety Course, and was able to get in!

Went this past weekend, and had a GREAT time! Met a bunch of wonderful people who love riding(as much as everyone here).

Found out that some of the old "skilz" are still there...cornering is not a problem...no chicken strips will reside on MY bike!

I never remember having to do U-Turns....or I was never really good at them and blanked out the memory....apparently my center of gravity has shifted since I'm twice the man was was in '92 (literally, I used to weight 120 when I was in the Army, now over 200).

The instructors pounded home the importance of being prepared and having all the right equipment, and practicing your skills as often as possible.

Now, for everyone who considers taking the course, check out all the information for the gear necessary for the class. Remember to have plenty of rest, bring a cooler with drinks and food to the range....a chair would be a good idea too....keep an eye on the weather to have the appropriate rain gear...but whatever happens, but please, if you are going to be out in the sun, REMEMBER THE PHUCKING SUNSCREEN!!!

picture.php?albumid=1323&pictureid=14263

• Upvote 1