F-16s intercept... tiny kit plane...

ReconRat

thanks ass. We are religious about check for that kind of stuff. Plus home builds scare the shit out of me. To many of those damn things go down.

How is that any different than letting somebody do a major overhaul or repair? This one my grandpa built and had almost 500 hrs on it before it sat around for 8 years and I decided she needed a facelift, and actually there are less homebuilt accidents then "certified" by percentage of course, I'll see if I can find the ad in sport aviation from a few months ago..

8023449b.jpg

Edit: yes that is a chevy corvair engine on the right that came out of and is going back in the airplane on the left

How is that any different than letting somebody do a major overhaul or repair? This one my grandpa built and had almost 500 hrs on it before it sat around for 8 years and I decided she needed a facelift, and actually there are less homebuilt accidents then "certified" by percentage of course, I'll see if I can find the ad in sport aviation from a few months ago..

8023449b.jpg

Edit: yes that is a chevy corvair engine on the right that came out of and is going back in the airplane on the left

Corvair powered Pietenpol? Excellent!! On my to-do list for someday. (I think the Ford would be cooler to look at, but I don't know if it would have enough oomph to cart me around)

Corvair powered Pietenpol? Excellent!! On my to-do list for someday. (I think the Ford would be cooler to look at, but I don't know if it would have enough oomph to cart me around)

Good eye!! That's just what it is! And super fun too!!!

The old model A fords do have a nice nostalgic look to them, and a great sound!