Ups

xplover24x

UPS in hebron ky is hiring like crazy because we have a new account. The pay starts at 9.90 and my average oaycheck is 500 a week. The benefits are amazing and you get vac days after 90 days. Paid vacation. This is mainly for people in cincinnati. Apply online at ups.com. Its a warehouse job

My wife got hired and they screwed her royally.

Vacation after a year

Insurance after 18 months

told her pay was 9.90 and her first check was 8.50 and shorted 6 hours...

Fuck UPS.

that is all.

• Upvote 1

theyre hiring full time off the bat? that makes no sense.....those jobs are usually bid job, and none of them pay 9ish an hour

9 an hour jobs are part time jobs....and you wont get 55 hours part time...if you go over 25 they usually blow a gasket since its overtime

vacation and benefits after a year

family benefits after 18 months

i make 13 an hour and on part time schedule my checks are around $220-250 a week (after tax)

i guess im just confused, i work at UPS and your first post makes no sense....unless things are really that much different between hubs (shouldnt be since its a union job)

and starting pay seems kinda high.... its always been 8.50 every time ive checked... you get an additional 50 cents after 30 days and then you get an additional dollar if youre doing a "skilled" job....guess that could be the area though, they must give different pay due to cost of living or something

Edited by Steve Butters

My wife got hired and they screwed her royally.

Vacation after a year

Insurance after 18 months

told her pay was 9.90 and her first check was 8.50 and shorted 6 hours...

Fuck UPS.

that is all.

vacation after a year

she could get her own insurance in 12 months, but couldnt add you until 18

they lied about 9.90 - just like i suspect theyre lying to OP....starting pay is 8.50, i think thats even in the union contract because it used to be 8.00 and then it went up to 8.50 with the new contract and all current employees got a 50 cent raise regardless of how long theyve been there

as for the shorted hours, simple fix by talking with HR

the thing that hurts is all the initial fees....they dock your check for a few months with stuff that just compound.... inital fees to join union ($150 over 4 checks) after that is taken out then you owe union dues for the previous month and the current month, etc....it takes 2 or 3 months before you even start getting a "normal" check

its an awesome job part time...i get a raise every 6 months (30-40ish cents), the benefits are unbeatable, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and the hours are very doable....sure it sucks getting up early, but with the hours it wouldnt prevent me from working a regular 9-5 on top of it if i ever needed to etc...

i really hate working there - but i just cant justify leaving because of the benefits and the money....for a part time job it pays pretty well...especially if you stay long enough....i work with a guy who makes $30/hr doing the same job i do making $13, and hes got like 8 weeks paid vacation

i dont plan to make a career out of UPS, but for a college student it works out perfectly for me for the time being.....if i went after a driving job and landed it, those guys make 25-30 an hour full time and do very well..... you go in the parking lot and you can tell who is full time and who is part time....we have cars that look like they just rolled outta the junk yard parked next to 100k dollar mercedes and such....the full time supervisors are paid ungodly amounts and the drivers are loaded too.

Edited by Steve Butters

sounds like about 55 hrs/wk

It's more than that, I've done that job years ago.

theyre hiring full time off the bat? that makes no sense.....those jobs are usually bid job, and none of them pay 9ish an hour

9 an hour jobs are part time jobs....and you wont get 55 hours part time...if you go over 25 they usually blow a gasket since its overtime

i make 13 an hour and on part time schedule my checks are around $220-250 a week (after tax)

i guess im just confused, i work at UPS and your first post makes no sense....unless things are really that much different between hubs (shouldnt be since its a union job)

and starting pay seems kinda high.... its always been 8.50 every time ive checked... you get an additional 50 cents after 30 days and then you get an additional dollar if youre doing a "skilled" job....guess that could be the area though, they must give different pay due to cost of living or something

What he said...The most hours I ever got was about 30 and that was begging. I worked 3rd at the airport so it paid I think 9.50 and my biggest check was 200 maybe...

don't get me wrong, it pays in the long run but for her has a part time package handler unloading trucks... wasn't worth it.

But everyone starts there... and that's sum hard shit. She could do it, but she looked like she got beat with a ball bat every night.

I

I work at supply chain solutions. Its not a union. Ive been here for 3 months and I have 3 vac days. Right now im working 60 hours a week for a 600 paycheck. I got my health and dental ins cards yesterday. I have 90% coverage for 9 bucks a week. Ive never had a problem. And yes, theyre hiring full time right off the bat

I

I work at supply chain solutions. Its not a union. Ive been here for 3 months and I have 3 vac days. Right now im working 60 hours a week for a 600 paycheck. I got my health and dental ins cards yesterday. I have 90% coverage for 9 bucks a week. Ive never had a problem. And yes, theyre hiring full time right off the bat

so basically....you work for UPS except you dont get the union and you get worse benefits and worse pay?

fuck that noise.

i get 100% coverage, for $0 per week. I have 21 vacation days and 2 options days, and I make $13/hr. If i switched to fulltime such as a combo driver or a package car driver, I would be making upwards of $20/hr right off the bat. Best part? It's also a union job with regular raises every 6 months, and job security. Supervisor having a bad day? Don't take it out on me bud, go get a union rep. I'm there to do my job and leave, I can't imagine working there without the union. At 2am when its 90 degrees out and people are being forced to wear suits in a 110% humidity building, tempers start to fly. Am i pro-unions for all jobs? Hell no. UPS? For sure.

Also, 60hrs at $9 is $594 before tax...so actual paycheck is probably closer to what? $450? for 60 hours? Seems a little harsh.

Better than no job, but see what happens without the union? You should look into switching to a driving job full-time.