Butt buster 1400

Hoblick

SS1000 = Saddlesore 1000, 1000 miles in 24 hours

It's fairly easy...ours we ran to St Louis, went up in the arch, had a nice sit down lunch, and made it back in 20 hours.

700 miles a day on back roads is tougher, but absolutely doable - I've knocked out several 800+ miles days on trips, with small bits of freeway but mostly 2 lane. To do it efficiently, you would have to be solo, or in a very small group of like-minded and similarly equipped riders. The more guys and more styles of bikes you have, the more you will be stopping and the slower the overall ride would be.

heres the deal, id like to take as many back roads as possible, but i know when it comes down to it, to do the miles you will have to do some highway. hell just to get out of columbus to some good roads your gonna have to run highway to be efficient.

now my thoughts are finding some good 2 lane with some nice sweepers for most of the route, but id like to throw in some roads, routes with some tighter stuff as well.

but we gotta keep in mind time frame for the miles, and traffic might be thick in some of those 2 lane roads. going from little town to little town is gonna kill us on miles/time

its all about the route, and what we can do.

my main thing is i really dont want to areas ive already been.

but i will if thats the routes we have to take.

id love to head south west if possible, or north east

suggestions on routes would be great.

im looking to do this before the end of september

main thing is whoever is going all have to be on the same page, as far as pace and what not.

doenst matter what your riding as long as no one gets above there head, and we all keep everyone else in mind.

I'm down for it, even without the SS1000, that would be pretty much impossible on anything but freeway.

The only bad thing about my bike is the fuel range, I have to stop for fuel every 100 miles. I usually carry a full can with me on long rides, just so i can pull over dump it in and keep rolling without hassling with a gas station.

West Virginia has some awesome roads that you can actually make time on. 55mph speed limit with few towns to slow down for. The downside is, they can be pretty technical, and i don't think i could handle more than 400 miles of riding through there without being mentally beat.

I might be in, depending on dates and direction. A fall ride to the NE and I'll probably go, I still need those states to fill my map. 700 miles a day would for sure need to be mostly on the highway as well, at least from my experience. Just stopping casually on my long trips, I usually do 500-600 miles per day in 10-12 hours, but I typically end up riding in torrential rains or brutal heat too.

If you are riding anything more technical than a highway or even a sweeping highway like in WV or CO or something, 300-400 miles might be more like the max. I dunno though, I ride like a typical HD guy and take corners at 3 mph. ;)