is kimber actually better??

It'sMyRR

Yea I wanted a xd subcompact 40 but the dealer has the emp and Wifie wanted me to have a pretty gun so I ended up with the emp of course she confiscated it for her carry gun. I'm waiting on holsters for the Sig 229 I just picked up last weekend and its not a tupperware gun, but it assembles with the flick of a bar.

I like my plastic guns thanks they work just fine for me for carry. Do I want a nice 1911 someday HELL yeah would i carry one HELL no. they are very nice looking well balanced guns and are accurate but I would not like to try to conceal one in full size.

Agree..........

compared o the Take down of my pt840 where i pull the slide back slide a button down and it slides off and I can take it all apart in about 6 seconds. i guess from what im told its just like a glock. the kimbers you have a take down wrench and a few more steps. I've only seen it done once but it looked llike a huge pain.

Ya the new fangled ones I often wonder how they stay together they're so easy to break down.

I picked up a kimber ultra crimson carry II over the weekend. It is simple to tear down once you do it a couple times. I can field strip in in less than 20 seconds without the guide rod tool.

I wanted an EMP but no .40's were in stock at vances and there weren't any on armslist within a decent driving distance. The EMP also had a higher price tag than the kimber, plus the kimber had the TC grips.

i really tried to like the $500 springfields.....but for the price the taurus was so much nicer....by the time i bought enough parts to make the springfield into something i didnt hate looking at, i would have broke my budget...so i didnt end up with a 1911 since i heard such bad things about the taurus

I have a springfield 1911 they are great handguns for the price + super reliable. One thing I did was change the barrel bushing and it improved the accuracy. But if you want to win a beauty contest and you got some extra cash buy a Kimber.

Went to Blackwing last night to throw some lead down range with the g/f.

I only put 50 round through my Kimber but it never even had a bit of a hiccup. I had already polished the feed ramp to a mirror and had racked the slide a couple hundred times as well as oiled, wiped clean, and oiled everything again quite a few times.

I plan on buying some Chip McCormick mags for it since the Kimber mags have issues sometimes.