Issue with GSXR not starting

GESEXER

I got home one day and turned my bike off and it was fine. Two days later was going to leave and would not start. I looked at wires, fuel line, almost everything i can think of. Recently when i try to start, it runs for about a second and dies but will not stay started. I don't get it, it seems like an injector isssue or a sensor of some sort. All the fuses look good too. Anything that anyone can help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Check your wiring to the interlock on the kickstand and the plunger against the kickstand, put the kickstand down/forward with a bit of force behind it. I had a problem with mine where it wasn't pushing the plunger in far enough. I hate the interlock as it is, wire cutters and a wire nut fixed my issue.

Edited by Wadepenn
Sp

235 IS hot...

There can be a few issues. Second Throttle Valve could be shot, but would throw an FI light.

There is a white connector under the tail that has 6 slots in it. It has a black, rubbery dust cover. This is where you take a piece of safety wire or actually any wire at all.

If you hold the connector with the release tab at the bottom and you are looking straight down on it, the two slots to the far left as you hold it will need to be connected with the jumper wire you are using. Turn the ignition on and you will see at the bottom of the dash "C" and a 2 digit number.

If it shows "C00", you have no codes being thrown and it is something else. If it throws a code like C21 for example, there is a reference list I can check and let you know or simply get on Google and see...

In my mind it is a side stand switch or similar as discussed. If it is the STV and is out, the bike will flash an FI light...

PS, quit letting the bike go over 200 while sitting. You are killing the bike letting it get that hot while sitting.

You may want to make sure the bike climbs to something like 185 and then drops 1-2 degrees to make sure the thermostat is opening and working. However, it will still climb high if letting sit...

Again, check the thermostat by running it until around 180-185 and watch the temp. If it EVER lowers vs climbing, it is working and you are good.

If it shows C00, you have no codes, but wait for the FI light to come on. If it was the sidestand, it would show a code...

Quick way to check the kickstand switch, would be to have it in neutral when starting. The switch is bypassed, when in neutral.

Has the bike been on its side recently? Might check the Tip Over Sensor, just to make sure it isn't stuck. How many miles are on the bike? Check to make sure your plugs are still in working order. Even though the fuel line isn't kinked, unhook the fuel line from the rail, and make sure your pump is still getting fuel through the line.

It isn't uncommon for the battery to have gone bad either, so make sure it is charged up, and has the right voltage when you hit the starter. Have seen several people have this problem, and it be fixed by replacing the battery.

The pump was just replaced with a used (tested ok according to ind.moto) unit about 3 weeks ago. Plugs were done just before it got warm enough to ride and the bike hasn't been down since brad got it. We have been fighting over heating issues with it for some time and they just get worse. Tried starting in neutral and same thing..starts up..runs for a few seconds and dies. All I know is it got hot (not sure of the exact temp) the last time he rode it and he parked it in the garage and now it will not stay running. I think he said he checked the coolent the next day and the resivor was empty...brad step in if I'm missing anything. Thanks for all the ideas and help guys!