Fatal crash on 71N

Simplysix

I got a text from my buddy asking me if i was ok. I guess he was referring to this story and for some reason thought the bike resembled mine. Its pretty crazy out there, I read the comments and it was all ignorence. I like how the people that don't ride bikes think that bikers don't own cars as well. Owning a bike has made me improve my driving skills and be more alert for riders and other cars on the road.

RIP Rider.

The video says the bike swerved but doesn't say if it swerved out of its lane. The jury is still out on of the car had some fault - if the car an dbike were in the same lane prior to the bike's avoidance maneuver then the car has some explaining to do. If the were in different lanes the the car would likely be exhonorated.

I'm wondering if that debris could have just been ridden over...? Looks like 1x4s. Hindsight, of course.

The second one is the reason i make all passengers im with wear full gear at all times, i could never live with myself if that happened to me. Kind of like making my passengers in a car wear their seatbelts. Does it really hurt to ask?

RIP Rider, thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Don't "hate to say it". If the accident was not the car's fault then it wasn't the car's fault, and it's not "bad" to say that. Just because we're on a motorcycle forum doens't mean we can't exhonorate cars when someone else is to blame. If the biker was at fault then there is no shame in saying that (Crew parking lot is a perfect example). Or maybe it's someone else, or maybe nobody is at fault. We can't let our affiliation as motorcyclists cloud our judgement or we won't learn from these accidents.

Details are still emerging.

I find it important to understand bike accidents that make the news lest I wind up as the next headline. We can all learn from this accident.

Your exactly right. I could have worded that a little better. Your opinion is exactly like mine. Just because this is a MC forum, doesnt mean that the rider couldn't have been at fault.

But it all goes back to whoever dropped their load for me. If that wasnt there, we wouldn't be talking about this one.

Condolences to the family and loved ones of the deceased, quick recovery to the rider.

Chilling crash, too, from what I can tell. (I couldn't see that video.) Just riding up to several one-by-fours? Ugh. It's easy to see how a rider might decide in an instant that there was no better option than an emergency swerve. "Decide" is overstating it, too. Much sympathy for the rider, as things stand now.

Random crap on crowded freeways. It p1sses me off. Only put loose items out in the open if that sh1t is *locked* down. My grandpa was a truck driver his whole life. I never knew a guy so careful about strapping down anything outside a vehicle. He always aimed for the load staying put even if the vehicle were turned upside down over the road. One-by-fours could be just any random guy coming from Home Depot, too; not necessarily a professional driver.