For you OSU haters; hey, at least we aren't Miami

Casper

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/17/is-a-miami-death-penalty-the-ncaas-only-option/related/

Cash, prostitutes, jewelry, clothing, electronics, yachts, mansions, strip club junkets and, in one instance, an abortion. You name it, Shapiro alleges he provided it for many, many a Hurricane player.

SMU of the 21st century. They will most likely face the same penalty. Yahoo Sports was nice enough to hand the NCAA a good chunk of evidence, including cooberating interviews from 8 or 9 players and a coach. If everything they are saying is true this will clean house at "The U", not only the athletics department but the administration as well.

I didn't read this article but I read quite a few others. It looks like 73 players are involved in this. The shittiest part about it is the fact that Paul Dee (former U athletic director) was the chairman of the NCAA board that investigated USC.

It's BIG BUSINESS, flat out for College Football, especially Div. 1

Here is a fact that I am sure not to many are aware of:

1 - OSU, PSU, USC, UT, WVU, U of M, ND, and a number of other Div. 1 schools, make enough money from just 1 home game, to almost pay for the entire yr., all the traveling and lodging expenses of all the other sports the University participates in.

Case in point: Average OSU home game, after expenses, makes 14.2 Million. That is the average, When Miami came in last yr. it was 17 Mil.

So do the math, it's all about the Money.

What's that old saying: Power Corrupts, Absolute Power corrupts absolutly

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ride safe all, and ATGATT please.

Greg

I didn't read this article but I read quite a few others. It looks like 73 players are involved in this. The shittiest part about it is the fact that Paul Dee (former U athletic director) was the chairman of the NCAA board that investigated USC.

"High profile players demand high profile compliance" - Paul Dee, in reference to the USC football investigation

:lol: