eBay auction removed after I paid for the item?

Scruit

I bought a camera from ebay ($59) and paid for it thru paypal. Been 3 weeks so I went to check on it and the auction is gone. I have the emails from ebay confirm I won and paid, but the links to the item in the email give me an error that the item doesn't exist.

I googled and found that ebay will cancel auction for various reasons (copyright, non-allowed items etc) and those cancellation sometimes happen after the item is purchased and paid for - but ebay will send out an email warnign of the cancellation - I got no such email.

I tried to contact the selle but it asked me to select an item number too discuss and it's not in that list.

I went to open a dispute and the item IS listed as a disputable item, so I opened the dispute. They are giving the seller a week to respond to my non-recevied-item complaint.

Anyone else seen this before?

HD 720p Vehicle Car Camera DVR Mini Dash Cam Recorder (270777049158)

Paid on Jul-24-11Price: $58.99, Qty: 1$58.99

(1 - 5 business days)Standard ShippingFREE

What is also weird is they have done over 300 auctions in the last month (~1700 in the last 18mo) with tons of good feedback but they currently have *nothing* for sale. Feedback is still rolling in - ie they got 4 positie feedback today already...

excellent seller, fast shipping ++++++Buyer: Member id kerzsu( Feedback Score Of 17iconYellowStar_25x25.gif)

Aug-18-11 03:55 ----Private

Seller is http://myworld.ebay.com/fashionjewellery125

Edited by Scruit

Bought something electronic a few years ago on ebay. Seller had great feedback, and had been selling a lot of electronics. Or so it seemed. He scammed a ton of us at once with Buy It Now items. He didn't accept Paypal, and had to send money order to an address near Dallas. Yeah yeah yeah, I shoulda known.

Stick with Paypal.

FWIW, I hate ebay as a company. I wish they had some credible competition.

The seller pulled the ad because he a bad sell if it set of a flag with you. File a claim with pay pal and with ebay on the item. They will send him a email asking what happen and freeze his paypal account on the price what you paid for the item. I should be under where my item.

I had a D-Bag 2 months ago try pull crap with me slow on shipping and was not in good shape as the seller said. Then he said he was send me the part for the item.

And all he did was try to BS me so I turned it in got the money back and got to keep the item. I had to go get the part for the item myself. contact Ebay and paypal buyer protection on that item.

Edited by wht_scorpion

I actually sold something on ebay one time and mailed it through the post office and didnt get a tracking number (didnt know i had to ask for one) package got lost and buyer never got it. He contacted me and i worked with him the best i could, about a month went by and still no package so he filed a dispute with paypal to get his money back. I talked with paypal and since i didnt have a tracking number to prove that i mailed it they AUTOMATICALLY take the money back, as it was linked to my bank account. Nothing i could do. I eventually got the package returned to me as i had a return address on it and there was a letter with it that said package was never picked up, so the only money i lost was shipping charges. So i would file a a dispute with paypal and ebay. You should eventually get your money back.

Here's what happened to me once:

I listed a Hackintosh (A Dell mini 9 netbook hack to run OS X operating system).

It sold, and the guy paid me. Then, before I could get it in the mail, E-Bay cancelled the auction, even though it was paid for! They e-mailed my buyer and I admitted I hadn't shipped it yet, so I refunded him.

Since I doubt your seller is so friendly... PayPal is probably the only resource to get your money back. Hopefully it shouldn't take long, unless, of course, his accounts dry up :D

If the item was cancelled (by seller OR by ebay) there should be an e-mail. Maybe caught in spam filter?

I was just bidding on a upper right fairing for my CBR this week.... I got an email from ebay that the seller cancelled all bids and pulled the item... Luckily I did not pay anything.....

one of the biggest problems on ebay right now is quality ebayers getting their accounts hacked and having false ebay auctions run under their name. So they are very hard to tell if they are fake. I usually will send someone an email before i purchase anything or give them a call to ask about the item.

File a claim with paypal. They will have all the information on the ebay account. It may take a few weeks, but they can get your money back for you.

I bought a radio of a guy in New York from a forum, and it arrived damaged. He had packaged it irresponsibly and paypal found in my favor. I got a full refund.

Got another email from ebay rmeinding me that if I don't hear back in 7 days I have to escalate for resolution witin 30 days or they'll auto-close the auction. The seller is gone, no more auctions listed, although even today still getting positive feedback.

Well, without getting on a soap box here, eBay very heavily favors the buyer in every transaction. You should have no problem getting money back, either through PayPal or eBay Buyer Protection. Just be patient. Had a similar issue a few months back - bought a digital manual for my Sable, arrived great, still use it. Ordered one for momma's Quest - CD came blank and seller fell off the face of the earth. Looks like every Nissan manual he sold for a month was junk and he just pulled up ties and moved on. Weird how that happens... Luckily, as a side note, the manual I DID get was good from 97-99 models and all F/L/M Products including Villager, the sister to the Quest. So I still got a manual for the van by accident.

I won some work out DVD s for the wife..I paid and with in hours the action was removed and ebay told me to not complete transaction it was remover due to copy rights..too late ...I took a couple of days and tried to email the guy..nothing..so I filed a dispute then on to a claim..this is the funny part..I got my refund and DVD s on the same day...LOL

This morning eBay came back to me and asked if I had been contacted by the seller. Nope. They said; "Give us 48-72 hours to make a decision."

5 minutes later they emailed back with my refund. No explanation of how an auction can just "go away" once it is completed...

Oh well, done deal. Got my dosh back, that's all I care about. That seller fell off the face of the planet (no auctions listed) but they are still getting masses of good feedback (even today) despite having disappeared a couple of weeks ago. Backlog of stuff actually shipped? I dunno. I don't care either.