2003 RC51 Street, but seen some track duty

RVTPilot

***SOLD****

UPDATE: I love this bike. She's short, chubby, loud and proud, just like me. But she's too portly to track and stands between me and a dedicated track bike. So it's time to find her a new home. For $4100 an OR member can take her home and love her properly. Here are some crappy cell phone shots I took tongiht. If you want more details, PM me and I'll pass them along. Clear title in hand, ready to go. Some quick specs:

• Leo Vince Evo Aluminum slip-ons
  • LED flush mount (front) short stalk (rear) turn signals
  • PCIII USB mapped for the Leo's
  • Pazzo std. length adjustable levers
  • 20,669 miles

20110818192257864.th.jpg

20110818192207192.th.jpg

20110818192146735.th.jpg

20110818191925456.th.jpg

You can also see these in my album here: http://www.ohioriders.net/album.php?albumid=114

Edited by RVTPilot

What are you looking for in a track bike?

'05-'07 600 (CBR, GSXR, R6, CBR preferrably) or later, depending on the price, and one that already has a fair amount of track configuring done. Kind of have my eye on one listed here by another OR member. The RC is alright at Mid OH, but on the smaller tracks its just too much to throw around. BeaveRun was a freaking workout, as was GingerMan. Plus, the RC is bit more expensive to maintain, should/when I have a getoff.

FYI - a guy on the NESBA board is selling an '03 600RR track bike for $1200...

It's in VA, but I'm seriously considering picking it up myself for that price.

Needs a new brake lever and some other minor stuff, but you could be on track for well under $2k.

Like I said, I am trying to talk my wife into letting me buy this as a spare, or a simple investment. $1200 for a running bike (brand new un-mounted set of tires included) is a steal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
FYI - a guy on the NESBA board is selling an '03 600RR track bike for $1200...

It's in VA, but I'm seriously considering picking it up myself for that price.

Needs a new brake lever and some other minor stuff, but you could be on track for well under $2k.

Like I said, I am trying to talk my wife into letting me buy this as a spare, or a simple investment. $1200 for a running bike (brand new un-mounted set of tires included) is a steal.

Any chance of Pm'ing me this info if you are not going to buy?

• 4 weeks later...