WTB: $5k 4 door daily driver

Bad324

My stepsisters husband is looking for a cheap daily driver so he can go back and finish college. To do this hes selling his 2010 Jeep Unlimited :D So hes looking for something cheap and decent to last til he's done with school in 3 years

5k or under

low-ish mileage

4 doors

good gas mileage

he's particular towards Hondas and Fords but I can probably talk him into other solid deals

let me know what you got

how about a $3500 1998 jeep Cherokee? REAL nice. :)

seriously though..

He said low-ish miles and good gas mileage, neither of which that Jeep qualifies for. Aren't they teaching you reading comprehension in school or did you miss that day? :nono::D

I have a 2001 neon for sale. Decent car, good gas mileage, four door, only problem is that it has 175,000 miles. Would like to get $2500 out of it.

if this were a for sale thread, i would have tried harder to keep my mouth shut, but you're dreaming if you think that car is worth mroe than $1500.

I drove my wife's '03 neon after she got a new car, and we traded in my truck.

it will average 30 mpg in mixed driving, and the stereo was decent. Those are the only good things I can say about that car.

The 3-speed automatic died on me at 86,000 miles, and I replaced 2 cam-shate placement sensors in as many years.

On top of that, it was totally gutless, which; combined with a wide-ratio 3-speed auto, means hybrid cars and mini vans are giving you dirty looks as they crowd the rear view mirror on highway entrance ramps...

A manual transmission would have helped it a lot, but the neon was definitely a very budget-built car.

I'd look into a Taurus with half that mileage.

...words words words NEON words words words...

Why is it that everyone, bar none, that is driving a Neon thinks they're driving a Viper? Weaving in and out of traffic leaving nearly an inch to spare, driving it like it's stolen, etc, basically driving like an :asshat:

It's as though once you get behind the wheel of a Neon your brain cell count drops in half...

Not to say that you, Counselor, ever drove like that. I mean everybody else... :D

if I'd had a 5-speed, i might have :D

I'd entertain the notion of a Neon SRT-4, if the right deal came along. But that rear wing would have to go; and there's no way in hell I'd drive one in any kind of "loud" color... Black or silver. Even a fast neon is at least modestly embarrassing at best.

Redkow, I don't really remember asking for your opinion on what I was trying to sell nor do I care what it is. Someone asked if anyone had a $5k 4 door car for sale so that is what I responded with. If you had something for sale I certainly would not make a post about what a piece of junk I think it is.

Why is it that everyone, bar none, that is driving a Neon thinks they're driving a Viper? Weaving in and out of traffic leaving nearly an inch to spare, :D

What is wrong with that. I had my 96 I drove it like that every day. Most of those little things will take a beaten. I bought mine at a auction for 1800 w/22,000 miles on it (great deal) drove that thing to 200K before she had enough.

the neon drivers around here drive like they are heading to super walmart with a handful of food stamps

:lol:

Redkow, I don't really remember asking for your opinion on what I was trying to sell nor do I care what it is. Someone asked if anyone had a $5k 4 door car for sale so that is what I responded with. If you had something for sale I certainly would not make a post about what a piece of junk I think it is.

As I said right up front, if this were your for sale thread, I would have thought harder about keeping my mouth shut.

But it's not your for sale thread; it's Bad's "looking for a car" thread. My post was for his benefit, not yours.

• Upvote 1

my mom has a Hyunda Elantra 4 door 5 speed with 113,000 miles, she is the original owner and basically has drivin it from Blacklick to New Albany everyday for the last 7 years. She is asking $3,000 but i know she will take $2,500. if interested PM ill give you more info and pictures.