Lost my Job

Vulcan_Rider

That sucks you had to do that, but like kawi said..I give you props for standing up to your "friend" because that was total BS. Same situation happened to me between high school and college...worked my way up to management level of a local pizza shop only to get shafted by the district manager. I really enjoyed the job (minus the owners and DM) and our shop was very profitable, but the upper management was awful. They treated their employees horribly, which didn't go over so well with me because I hired mostly people that I was friends with outside of work that I knew I could trust the store with when I wasn't there. So I up and left, soon after about 75% of the employees of that store put in their two weeks. Sucks for now, but things will get better man, have faith and hang in there!

A non-compete does not hold up in court in these days. I had a former boss tell me I couldn't go to work for a competitor. I did just that and they could do nothing about it.

I wouldn't quite say that; it's more about whether or not they're going to spend more enforcing it than they'll lose by not enforcing it.

We've definitely enforced them at work a few times over the last 5 years. We've also waived them when an owner approached us and asked nicely to be released.

The times we had to enforce the agreements, it was really just bullying the guys into backing off. We (the company i work for) have millions of dollars in the bank and in-house counsel. They're paying an attorney $200-$400 an hour to even draft a response to our complaint.

We know damn well that 90% of the guys are still working in the industry even when they're not supposed to be, but making them think we're pissed off about it definitely forces them to stay more low-key.

They might still be hiring at Lincoln Electric? We just got 6 new guys in my area and one just left so they will be looking to replace him very soon. If you dont mind long hours and a dirty job let me know I will pick up a form for a reference. We are piece work so pay varies, but we make around $50k plus bonus which is around another $15k.

Thanks for all the support and leads.

My friend I used to work for (owner of romeos pizza) called me today said he heard what happened and offered me a job as an assisstant GM in one of his stores. Not sure if I am going to take it or not because I don't know if I want to be in the industry anymore but either way its good to know that as a friend he is looking out for me and as a past employer he appreciated me busting my ass for him while I worked there.

Thanks for all the support and leads.

My friend I used to work for (owner of romeos pizza) called me today said he heard what happened and offered me a job as an assisstant GM in one of his stores. Not sure if I am going to take it or not because I don't know if I want to be in the industry anymore but either way its good to know that as a friend he is looking out for me and as a past employer he appreciated me busting my ass for him while I worked there.

Very cool.

If by some chance the dick would call and ask you back, you have to demand more than the original agreement and stick it to him!

He won't ever call me, he would let that place go down in flames before he called me because i called him on his bullshit and bruised his ego. Even if he did I would tell him to fuck off, he had his chance to do the right thing and didn't, there is no second chance.