Bye Bye Land Line...

ReconRat

Yup, old fashioned land line phone stopped working. No dial tone, no calling out, and calling in only got a busy signal. No guarantee the repair guys could fix it without having to charge a minimum $110 if it was inside the house.

So it was time to say bye bye land line, was nice knowing you.

Stupid phone didn't get hardly anything except scams and sales calls, trying to talk me out of money endlessly. I was so tired of picking up the phone and jumping in people's shit for messing with me. It's over, they can go pester someone else now, not me.

Worse, I had gone to SBC since that was like... 5 bucks instead of the 40 bucks that AT&T charged for the same service. And then AT&T bought SBC, switched me back, and charged me the 40 bucks again. Same service...

And then started charging me 5 bucks because I wasn't making any long distance calls for them to charge me. They suck. I'm glad they're gone. One less bill to pay.

Even better, I now have Google Voice, to forward the calls to mobile. So I won't have to give out the mobile number. And it filters the spam. And takes messages, both voice and text. And now I can call from any device anywhere, computer, phone, whatever. And all sorts of neat stuff. What took me so long...

What's a land line? :dunno:

:p

That thing ADT likes to use for security alarms. Which oddly enough, is what land lines were used for in the first place, not for phones. Nobody cared about phones back when they had both telegraphs and a decent postal service and nobody was in a hurry.

• Upvote 1