I'd have to be nuts not to take this trade I just got offered... Right?

Josh1234

of the vehicles I've registered in and out of Ohio.. Anything like an odometer descrepency, salvage/rebuild is usually marked in all caps with an asterisk. Since Ohio doesn't have state inspections though it's pretty easy to skirt around it and keep the title showing clean.

+1 on the VIN check. Good to know it's history.. 9500 miles isn't bad.. but is that 9500 miles one lap at a time or is that rode it alot at first and then has been sitting in his garage for the last 5 years. Has it been maintained? service records? All good to know kind of things.

Damn it, this is making me want a Sprint ST again..

I know a guy with a sprint st, that would certainly be interested in an fz6 ;)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I always wonder if those "I need to sell it before I lose it in the divorce" ads are legit or not :)

I have a guy coming to look at my bike tomorrow, so I'll hold off on making any moves until then.

*Crosses fingers*

I Agree, but for that price, if legit, and if it is a decent bike, this would be a complete win for you!

Thanks! I always wonder if those "I need to sell it before I lose it in the divorce" ads are legit or not :)

I have a guy coming to look at my bike tomorrow, so I'll hold off on making any moves until then.

*Crosses fingers*

I'm certainly no expert on divorce, but I would consider that to be a dubious claim. In order for the vehicle be at risk in the divorce it has to be joint property. The sale of joint property is stricly controlled during the divorce and any such sale during (or leading up to the commencement of??) divorce proceedings would result in either a beatdown from the judge or a ruling that the spouse is entitles to half the proceeds (or half the value if the judge believes the sale price was stupidly low, like selling the car to your parents for $1)

I do know a guy who was going through a divorce and both parties were told not to dispose of joint property. The transmission on his car went out and he traded the car on a new one. It *was* in joint names and the dealer promised to get the wife to countersign the title. The signature was forged instead, and the wife objected to the sale. The judge gave my friend an almighty beat down at the next hearing - even though he didn't forge the signature himself, he disposed of the car in violation of a court order. He kept the new car, but it cost him an additional $7k.

I'm certainly no expert on divorce, but I would consider that to be a dubious claim. In order for the vehicle be at risk in the divorce it has to be joint property

not true at all, well at least in the case of both my mom's divorce from my dad and my stepdads divorce from his previous wife

I don't have my CC permit, and even if I did, I would not just carry for the hell of it.

If I didn't feel 100% comfortable carrying a loaded weapon, I wouldn't. In fact, I'd probably carry w/o the gun loaded for a while just to let any dumb mistakes happen without it loaded.

Carrying an unloaded gun is a good way to end up dead... If you ever needed to use it and in the moment forgot it was unloaded and it clicks but doesn't go bang that could be your life. If you don't have enough confidence in your abilities you have no business carrying it just puts you and the people around you at more risk.

PM sent Josh.
Carrying an unloaded gun is a good way to end up dead... If you ever needed to use it and in the moment forgot it was unloaded and it clicks but doesn't go bang that could be your life. If you don't have enough confidence in your abilities you have no business carrying it just puts you and the people around you at more risk.

Good point. Plus, I was trained that if you pull a gun on someone, it should be because you plan to shoot them.

Then again, whether or not a gun should be used as a deterrent is another matter.

not true at all, well at least in the case of both my mom's divorce from my dad and my stepdads divorce from his previous wife

What happened in those cases? I understand that assets are divided (or offset by cash payments). If the car or bike is being sold "to stop me from losing it in the divorce" then the judge must consider it as an asset of the marriage that is to be divided, right? If the judge considers it an asset that will be counted when dividing marital assets then selling it won't get him anything. If the judge tells him the car is an asset that must be split and he instead sells the car for 5k then that $5k will be still be split, right?

Is asset dumping leading up to a divorce frowned upon also? That would be like intentionally running up a bunch of new debt right before filing bankruptcy.

When my parents divorced there were no assets to divide so I don't know how that works. One friend of mine got a disillusionment in which hs wife went crazy listing every assets she wanted a piece of. His car was listed as an asset and he was told not to sell it. The thing was worth like $2k. She wanted halk of his 401k, half of his house equity (they had been married for a year, and all his assets were from before the marriage)

In the end she quit co-operating with her attorney and moved out of state. My friend stopped the disillusionment process and filed for divorce. She had planned to file in her state, hoping he'd have to travel for hearings or pay a remote lawyer (make him quit early because of the expense). He got his divorce filing in the day before hers, so when copies were exchanged her filing was dismissed and SHE had to travel back to Ohio for hearings. She didn't - she refused to co-operate with the OH courts (never a good legal move) and the judge eventually ruled that all marital assets that were still in Ohio were his. She got nothing but the clothes on her back.