Sks mags

wht_scorpion

from what i have read into it, if you really need to run more than 30 rounds you can sbr your receiver and legally run mags over 30rds

RC 2923.17 Unlawful Possession of a Dangerous Ordnance

(A) No person shall knowingly acquire, have, carry, or use any dangerous ordnance.

(D) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, a felony of the fifth degree.

RC 2323.11 Weapons Control Definitions

(E) “Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

(K) “Dangerous ordnance” means any of the following, except as provided in division (L) of this section:

(1) Any automatic or sawed-off firearm, zip-gun, or ballistic knife;

and due to a registered sbr being 'dangerous ordinance', greater the 30rds is gtg

© Division (A) of this section does not apply to:

(5) Owners of dangerous ordnance registered in the national firearms registration and transfer record pursuant to the act of October 22, 1968, 82 Stat. 1229, 5841, and any amendments or additions thereto or reenactments thereof, and regulations issued thereunder.

31 rounds is the limit in Ohio. Like said before, you can own a higher cap and the gun but become ileagle when put together. You can buy and sell them in Ohio (AIM will sell to Ohioians).

That all being said, be careful what mag you buy as most are hit and miss at best for the SKS rifles. The metal 30 rounders are junk and don't waist you money. The Tapco 20 rounders are the best and have a lifetime warranty and do not need fitting. I have sold them for years and never had one come back for any reason and I have tried them on every SKS I own (I collect them and have one of every kind made).

Now comes my next point. If you buy larger cap mags, do not think you now have a AK with rapid fire capabilities as you can burn up you gas system with sustained fire. The good thing about the 10 round factory mag is you have to stop to reload and the gun can cool down and you do not go through as much ammo.

Is this legal?

Long long ago I bid on a 50rd TEC-9 magazine on eBay. Turns out eBay had a 10rd limit for magazines, the auction was cancelled and myself and I'm sure the seller got a nice little message about violating their terms. A short time later the seller listed a 10rd TEC-9 magazine. The picture showed a ruler and a magazine about 12" long. The description excessively repeated that this was a 10rd magazine and said "please note the ruler in the picture." :D

Long long ago I bid on a 50rd TEC-9 magazine on eBay. Turns out eBay had a 10rd limit for magazines, the auction was cancelled and myself and I'm sure the seller got a nice little message about violating their terms. A short time later the seller listed a 10rd TEC-9 magazine. The picture showed a ruler and a magazine about 12" long. The description excessively repeated that this was a 10rd magazine and said "please note the ruler in the picture." :D

Wait what? How long is the 50 rnd mag?