Wanted: Toyota valve adjustment

max power

Need someone to adjust the valves on my 22RE 4 cylinder.

I know its easy, but I've never done it, dont have the time or garage to attempt it and want it done by someone who knows what they are doing.

So, who knows what they are doing and wants to make a few bucks?

What kind of vehicle is this 22RE in? Pickup or Celica? Either way get a valve cover gasket and we'll tackle this mess together. Think about plugs and wires and that stuff too- the kind of stuff you would take off to do this.

He's got a pickup.

Good on you for offering to help. Shawn's a good guy, and i would help if i had any clue on wtf i was doing. :D

• 2 weeks later...
If you're going to take the timing apart, you're darn close to an upper end rebuild. Might make sense to get some more parts...

Rebuild? Its a 22RE with 89k. Shes barely broke in, :D

The Plastic guides are junk and there is a metal upgrade, but its best to do the chain while you're in there. It doesnt require the removal of the head.

Rebuild? Its a 22RE with 89k. Shes barely broke in, :D

The Plastic guides are junk and there is a metal upgrade, but its best to do the chain while you're in there. It doesnt require the removal of the head.

The chain and guides are a decent amount more work than just the valve adjust. I'm too lazy to go back through the thread and look, are your's making any noise or anything? If not, I'm not sure I would bother, especially if you take care of your stuff as well as I figure you do.

The chain and guides are a decent amount more work than just the valve adjust. I'm too lazy to go back through the thread and look, are your's making any noise or anything? If not, I'm not sure I would bother, especially if you take care of your stuff as well as I figure you do.

There is some pretty decent rattle at start up. It quiets after it gets warm. Its coming from the front end. And you are right, I take good care of it, which is why I just want to get it done before it becomes a problem. I've been wanting to get the valves adjusted for a couple years now. It only gets about 6500 miles a year on it.

There is some pretty decent rattle at start up. It quiets after it gets warm. Its coming from the front end. And you are right, I take good care of it, which is why I just want to get it done before it becomes a problem. I've been wanting to get the valves adjusted for a couple years now. It only gets about 6500 miles a year on it.

Since it rattles, you're doing the right thing, then. Preventative maint is a good idea, but I wouldn't pull the trigger on my own vehicle unless it was making noise. When are you planning to do this now? I might be able to help,