tire q?

candybluzx6

I would run what the manufacturer suggest. They'll give you numbers for track vs street.

The engineer in me, says the rear heats up faster/hotter than the front esp on the track, hot air expands to a greater volume hence the need for lower rear tire pressure.

Edited by ohdaho

Need to be checking pressure as you come off the track and adjust. All pressures trackside gives you will be hot pressure and it will differ depending on track surface, riding style, weight ect. You and I hop on the track with the same bike and run 10 laps the hot pressure will be different for both of us when done

Need to be checking pressure as you come off the track and adjust. All pressures trackside gives you will be hot pressure and it will differ depending on track surface, riding style, weight ect. You and I hop on the track with the same bike and run 10 laps the hot pressure will be different for both of us when done

Not all will be hot pressure. Michelin goes off of cold.

Michelin has never given out hot temps, they set them cold and forget it. If someone is giving you hot temp for a michelin then they are just setting them cold and running them to check the hot pressure. Every time I have talked to someone there they will just give you a cold pressure.

Michelin has never given out hot temps, they set them cold and forget it. If someone is giving you hot temp for a michelin then they are just setting them cold and running them to check the hot pressure. Every time I have talked to someone there they will just give you a cold pressure.

Yes Michelin's are the only one that does cold pressures. This was the main way for Power Races, however I have talked to David Grey from Sportbike Tire Service and they have been doing hot pressures(warmers - not off track pressure) for the Power One sets some.

Edited by APCh8r

And if you are running Power Pure's there is no temps. Just guess and check but nothing out last time I talked to anyone.

I set mine cold at 28f/26r, then I reset them to the same after 2 sessions and warming up. Then I forget about them unless it gets real hot.

Keith Stone, I love you!