MO trackday 9-26

bchristy07

^ what he said...

spectators are free and get a good roam of the entire track just as you would during the AMA races.

mid o not good in cool damp conditions just be extra careful when first starting out to get a good feel of the track, mid o is normally green (slick) in the AM sessions anyways and they will go over all of that

I'll be out there rain or shine.. need to get the novice day over with so I can do Int. next season. The forecast is changing each day so i'm keeping the fingers crossed, If I can get one dry session ill be happy haha

If it's raining you may really want to reconsider.... If this is your first N day, I wouldn't even consider, I would wait until next season. If you've never been to Mid O, even dew is dangerous. First 2 sessions of the day are always laid back before the track dries, and that is anytime of the year.

In the rain, I wouldn't even consider making a trip 5 minutes to the track.

im with this guy^ john and i are on the same page.. plus after 1 day in the wet at mid o.. you wouldnt be ready for I the next year anyways.. or am i the only one that thinks this?

I think I did novice 3 or 4 times but I am probably in the minority. I wanted to male sire that when I did bump up, I would be confident and run a good consistent line. The bum from novice to open is pretty big. You have guys passing you and you passing others and I feel that you need more than one novice day to bump up.

i did 3 novice days.. at 2 tracks.. then bumped to Int. i have done shit i cant even count how many I days (over 20+) and am only now getting to the point of bumping to A at putnam.. Int. is a meat grinder there are to many that should still be in Novice but have big ball syndrome and think that their ego needs stroked into Int.. and of course their are guys that should be in A that just love beating up the I guys... so take the jump with caution.. a good street rider doesnt make a good track rider.. its the other way around.

EDIT- just being fast doesnt mean your ready for I or A or whatever class.. consistancy is key.. smoothness is key and not being a danger to yourself or more important to anyone else.. control riders will help you take the critique as it comes learn and then bump when they tell you your ready

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

Performance Track Riding

This policy does not pertain to participants rescheduling events under the guidelines of the Frequent Rider Program (see below).

Cancellations may only be made (in writing-email, fax or letter) more than thirty days (30) before the scheduled event. A refund will be issued less a $25 administrative fee on the enrollment. Participant may resell their spot(s) to a qualified rider at a price equal to or less than originally paid at no additional charge. Written notification of such transfer must be sent to The Mid-Ohio School in writing (e-mail, fax or letter).

Events rescheduled between ten (10) days and six (6) days before an event will be assessed a $25 rescheduling fee. Events rescheduled between five (5) days and two (2) days before an event will be assessed a $50 rescheduling fee. Rescheduling will not be allowed within 48 hours of the event, and fees paid will not be refunded.

All riding sessions will be held RAIN or SHINE

above is quoted from the mid ohio site policies and conditions to track riding

any track org is like that... racers race in the rain.. and basically a track day is learing how to be one of them lol in short.. your Eff-ed if it rains.. get out there and just be smooth