Deer Season

bowdog

This big guy--12 pt, I believe--was here all last season and is back again this year. Seen him a half dozen times already. I was happy to see that no one bagged him with their Buick or F250. 'Course, it helps that he has his pick of 12-14 mature does that are here all year round.

Pix taken from my kitchen window--maybe 100 feet from the house. West side of Cinti in Ham Cty.

http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/icantdrive55/?albumview=slideshow

WOW!! VERY NICE!! i have two nice bucks running in my area, i had one of them wind me the other night while out scouting... Hope i didnt spook him to bad becasue he is a real nice 150 class or better.

I was supposed to be hunting this weekend but I effd up my back on Mon and the doc has me taking vicodin, muscle relaxers, and sterioids so I figured I would do the smart thing and stay home, get stuff done around the house and take it easy

Join the club...:(

Ask for more 'roids, those are what do the trick, with vicodin to take the edge off.

Flexaril ( muscle relaxer) didn't help me at all.

I was supposed to be hunting this weekend but I effd up my back on Mon and the doc has me taking vicodin, muscle relaxers, and sterioids so I figured I would do the smart thing and stay home, get stuff done around the house and take it easy

Damn dude that sucks. At least you got it looked at. You looked a little rough when I saw you.

This big guy--12 pt, I believe--was here all last season and is back again this year. Seen him a half dozen times already. I was happy to see that no one bagged him with their Buick or F250. 'Course, it helps that he has his pick of 12-14 mature does that are here all year round.

Pix taken from my kitchen window--maybe 100 feet from the house. West side of Cinti in Ham Cty.

Dude, that is probably the best buck I've seen pics of in the last 2+ years. I bet that was the toughest day of your live not shooting it from your kitchen window. WOW. Glad you did the right thing and hope if you go after him you are able to get it.

If you do, I'd love to see pics/hear specs.

Wow, address of said buck :)

Passed on two this morning. 2nd one was kind of hard to let go. But we have one in the 160's - but he has been kind of shy lately

maybe you and the doc need to step away from the crack pipe.

Best action is during the rut, waste of time to go out before the last week of October IMHO.

I agree to some extent but i also believe you can get some good looks early in the season before everyone really starts to push them. I have seen some nice bucks on camera early season and for some reason come rut i never see anything on camera during the day seems like they almost know and move there pattern to the night time. I killed one of my biggest bucks three years ago second week of the season.

• 3 months later...

Well, these big boys made it thru gun season. Whether they make it thru "little-old-lady-in-big-Buick" season is anybody's guess. All these pix were taken on 12/21/11 between 6:30 PM and 7:00 PM. Just gotta figger out how to get 'em to come in a little earlier.

Dec2011_12pt.jpg

Dec2011_14pt.jpg

Dec2011_8and14pt.jpg

Dec2011_8pt.jpg

Also got these pests coming in. Definitely not true coyote; I suspect they gotta be 'yote/dog mix from their size!

Fall2011_coyote.jpg

I was looking for this guy and a few others from the trail cam: Notice the big difference between velvet and no velvet.

MDGC0733.jpg

MDGC0755.jpg

MDGC0499.jpg

But got this little unknown 8 point at 120#'s dressed on the truth scale and a 60# button buck and a doe. The doe had to goto coyotes due to gangrene from being shot up low earlier in the week.

377330_2656446660255_1528520176_2729053_115332672_n.jpg

392036_2656452500401_1528520176_2729055_466165672_n.jpg