I might get blasted for this one... CCW owners.. Please comment.

Dubguy85

He is a hard ass Andy. But I don't want to get into a pissing match on this.

BUT I have a question for you.

What's the most heinous thing you've PERSONALLY witnessed? I don't mean an aftermath or news at 11. You, there, when the shit hits?

Umm... Can't think of anything... Just a typical fight...

But I don't go places where I shouldn't.. Some places of Columbus, Detroit, or Baltimore (Where I used to live) I just avoid.. If I had to go to those places often, I would def carry a gun..

I just chose to go to places where I feel safe without one I guess.. Like I said.. I'm not against people carrying them.. Never said people shouldn't.. I rarely ever would put myself in a situation where I would need one..

I go to work Monday through Frida.. Don't need one there.. Sunday at church and usually at home.. Sat hangin around or riding or golfing..

Rarely would I ever been in a bad part of town or in a place where someone could jack my car... Not saying it could NEVER happen, but the odds are that it wont..

When seconds count, cops are minutes away. :lol:

What's the minimum time on a good day for the cops to respond to a crime at your home? We'll say 4 minutes, I think that's pretty quick. I like to tell people to go lay in their bed. Get a watch and then imagine someone just kicked in you front door armed with a gun and with intent to rape you (or your wife if your a guy). Now just lay there and time 4 minutes to realize how long that is until the police could even show up. Most don't understand how long 4 minutes is until you're actually put into a situation like that.

Umm... Can't think of anything... Just a typical fight...

But I don't go places where I shouldn't.. Some places of Columbus, Detroit, or Baltimore (Where I used to live) I just avoid.. If I had to go to those places often, I would def carry a gun..

I just chose to go to places where I feel safe without one I guess.. Like I said.. I'm not against people carrying them.. Never said people shouldn't.. I rarely ever would put myself in a situation where I would need one..

I go to work Monday through Frida.. Don't need one there.. Sunday at church and usually at home.. Sat hangin around or riding or golfing..

Rarely would I ever been in a bad part of town or in a place where someone could jack my car... Not saying it could NEVER happen, but the odds are that it wont..

I'm still waiting on you to let me know where those safe places are. Like I pointed out with the lady getting shot at church....

What's the minimum time on a good day for the cops to respond to a crime at your home? We'll say 4 minutes, I think that's pretty quick. I like to tell people to go lay in their bed. Get a watch and then imagine someone just kicked in you front door armed with a gun and with intent to rape you (or your wife if your a guy). Now just lay there and time 4 minutes to realize how long that is until the police could even show up. Most don't understand how long 4 minutes is until you're actually put into a situation like that.

How did we get off topic? I said in like the second thread having one at the house is fine.. I also said carrying one is fine.. I just said avoiding a place that won't let u carry one is ghey!

But its more fun to think I'm anti ccw...

carry on

How did we get off topic? I said in like the second thread having one at the house is fine.. I also said carrying one is fine.. I just said avoiding a place that won't let u carry one is ghey!

But its more fun to think I'm anti ccw...

carry on

Doesn't have to be at home. My point is 4 minutes being unarmed against someone who is is a very long time.

My point is I'd rather at least be on even grounds with someone who can/wants/will kill me. If I can't carry into a Red Lobster because of their signs, I won't go there. I don't like to leave my gun in my car where it risks being stolen (locked in the car and then in a lock box hidden) then to the restaurant, then back out (probably at night since it'd be dinner time usually) totally unarmed with my wife and daughter with me.

Umm... Can't think of anything... Just a typical fight....

If that's the case I have to say in all honesty with no sarcasm that I truely envy you. I hope you and your family live a long and peaceful life. I hope you never experience how basely evil man can be. My chance at a life like yours was taken from me long ago. I live my out in public life according to Mattisism#1.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

~General "Maddog" Mattis.

I'm not talking shit or being a hardass. But for folks that have been through hell, let me tell you, hell changes you.

• Upvote 2

1st off... I got my ccw because I leave for work at 315am one morning walking to my garage (200 ft from house) I noticed some one had broke into the garage across from mine. I also walk a lot alone and for those who have heard a lady in my home town was attacked by 2 pitbulls and lost part of her ear and almost her life. I also volunteer for hfh and those homes are not in good areas. Thankfully I have never had to pull my gun I always keep my eyes and ears open but anything can happen and I have the right to protect myself.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

~General "Maddog" Mattis.

I'm not talking shit or being a hardass. But for folks that have been through hell, let me tell you, hell changes you.

This^

I will add to that plan, Always be aware of your surroundings, Aways know where the exits are, Alway keep a fresh target assesment in your head ie largest threat to smallest threat...know where your first shot is going.

Exits? Yeah.

One of the things I see daily is from the first big house fire I went on when I was a volunteer FF. It was aways out in the country. We get there house is fully engulfed, we do our thing, no sign of the family. Total adrenaline rush the whole time right up to when we find the family huddled together in the kitchen about 4 feet from the door. They died holding each other. I feel like I'm there now looking at them.

• Upvote 1

Exits? Yeah.

One of the things I see daily is from the first big house fire I went on when I was a volunteer FF. It was aways out in the country. We get there house is fully engulfed, we do our thing, no sign of the family. Total adrenaline rush the whole time right up to when we find the family huddled together in the kitchen about 4 feet from the door. They died holding each other. I feel like I'm there now looking at them.

:(

This^

I will add to that plan, Always be aware of your surroundings, Aways know where the exits are, Alway keep a fresh target assesment in your head ie largest threat to smallest threat...know where your first shot is going.

This is why I park far away in lots. So I can scope out my car as I walk up..under the car, tires other cars around and I always look in the back before I open the door... I never listen to anything when I go for walks so I can hear all around as well as the look back every so often....I also walk away from areas and people who look unfriendly.

Exits? Yeah.

Suddenly, my reality doesn't seem so bad.

Exits? Yeah.

I've seen some bad things as far as deaths go... Saw a car hit head on another car at around 80mph and when I ran to his car his legs were hanging out the window and was dead instantly.....

I also saw my wife have to give birth to our unborn child...

I thought you meant something that I saw that I could have done something with a gun..

Must be why we never met :)

Before my 30s I lived in the bad areas and was always willing to fight. Then I grew up bought a gun got my ccw and now try to avoid trouble...I don't ever want to shoot some one but I will if my life depends on it!

I thought you meant something that I saw that I could have done something with a gun..

I shouldnt have asked you that as I cannot post mine.

That post was about being prepared.