I'm struggling.....

bacchus

I normally wouldn't post anything like this to a forum. Nobody else involved is in OR so please bear with me and let me get this out.

Last night, a good friend's son took his own life.

Earlier this year, a desmohio member did the same and mostly the reaction was anger from everybody.

But that was a peer...a person of my own generation.

This was one of my generation's offspring. My friend's son.

I cannot imagine what she is going through, and my grief for her and my own children, who played with her son growing up is so great, I can't begin to grieve for him. As a parent, I could not imagine losing one of my children and to have be becuase they took their own life?

Most people who are left behind talk about how suicide is such a selfish act, but most people who are pushed that far feel it would be a relief to those left behind. Like pulling a band-aid off - it will hurt for a second, but be over before you know it, and the people left behind won't have this THING annoying them, dragging them down, not living up to their expectations, etc.. anymore.

I wasn't able to be there for her today. I had my daughter and my ex went instead. Even after our divorce, we both have been able to maintain a close relationship with our mutual friend...I feel I let her down.

I had a friend at work recently loose a daughter to suicide. It is very sad. I was a friend to Eric Huoston. I did not know what to say to my friend at work. It just seemed nothing I could say would help. The important thing is he knows I care.

sorry to hear.... seems like many here can understand where you are. My best friend from high school lost his other son this past summer. yeah, said other... his youngest passed years ago due to the neglect of his mother. (long story) anyway, his son was driving on 55 in troy and just veered right into a telephone pole. theres speculation he did it on purpose but we'll really never know.

It seems to be happening more and more these days. My grandfather took his own life when my father was only 13. A good friend of mine from high school also took his. and just this past year, my wifes boss took his own in their parking lot.

There are no easy words for that. My wife still struggles with her bosses death. they were close and she hates him now for it. Mainly because she pretty much lost her job.