my remodel project

Hoblick

finally decided to take the garage to the next step.

seeing as i spend alot of time in the garage, and also do some side business out of it, i decided to remodel it.

this is about 2 full days of work, started last sunday, and got all of the left side of the garage walls framed, insulated and dry wall up, did a little mudding as well.

this past saturday i got the back wall done, and about 85% of the right wall done. and only a bit of the ceiling done.

i also took my old hanging cabinets and repainted them with a nice textured paint, that will fit the look im going for well.

plans are, entire thing dry walled, a L shaped cabinet/workbench setup below my hanging cabinets, painted to match the upper cabinets. all new electrical wiring, add some new slimline lights. a nice Paint job, grey from the ground up to about 3 feet or so, then a 8 inch stripe (orange or red or something) then white from there on up, including the ceiling.

and my favorite part... im putting in a small bar, 5 foot long in the back left corner of the garage (i will be custom building the bar to incorporate my mini fridge in it, and i will also be doing a little foot rail at the bottom. maybe some sort of recessed counter top with plexiglass over top of it that way i could put pictures, or memorabilia in it). 3 bar stools will be perched up with it, and a 32" LCD will being hanging on the wall behind the bar (equipped with premium cable and a DVR box!) a small stereo setup will be installed somewhere as well.

adorning the walls will be some typical garage signs, but im not going over board, i want to keep it really clean looking.

come next spring im gonna have some professional photos taken of the bike and my wife in some pin up girl style gear. once thats done ill have that pic (in a 24"x36" size) hanging on the wall as well.

and come warmer weather next year ill be coating the floor in the gloss grey with the speckels.

any who here are some progress pics thus far... mind the mess, its a war zone at the moment. im excited for the finished product!

1aad8eb0.jpg

2ee3872a.jpg

c347bef1.jpg

02f2b8ea.jpg

85598f50.jpg

f2f01b99.jpg

b7f8025a.jpg

921f8bbe.jpg

c7cec7fd.jpg

and a bonus pic of the harley because i put a new k&n air charger on it lol

7a28139a.jpg

Edited by Hoblick

a tad more progress..

got all of the walls completely finished

and a few more pieces fitted to the ceiling, along with more mudding.

got 1 outlet put in, and my light switch mounted and wired.

this weekend, ill be doing some wiring, installing a few more outlets, a cable outlet, and new lights

406324e3.jpg

f60e832b.jpg

2624d0c5.jpg

7cb60701.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

update once again..

got 2 more outlets put in, got my cable outlet installed

ran wiring for the new lights, i got 3 of the new low profile fluorescent lights hung and wired in

put a few more pieces of drywall on the ceiling.. did some more mudding, a little sanding

and probably the best thing i did this weekend..

i got a 32" LED tv, and a nice swivel out wall mount for it. had to get it hung up and working that way im not so bored will im working in there.

f05f989b.jpg

1098a041.jpg

93d3462a.jpg

8a937a75.jpg

Sweet! Want my address? I got a 3-car needing insulated and drywalled :D

Old kitchen cab's are great when repurposed in the garage - mine has the old original kitchen from '57 and tons of bench space too.....now if only it was 100ft closer to the house and heated:(

Wish I could.....seems our spare cash gets invested into the house or our vehicles, but someday (if we're still at this house by then) I can muster the funds to do so.....sucks having to shovel over a 100ft just to get to my garage, then I have to dig out from there too.....but the big yard is nice too:D

Mines only 20 feet away from the house. I have been wanting to figure out how to "economically" pipe the hot water into the garage off the outdoor wood burner. Couple years back I wanted to put a indoor woodburner into the garage. But if I ever wanted to paint in there I would have to deal with the dust and ash. So if I use the outdoor burner - a radiator heat exchanger and a squirrel box I should be good to go.