DerbyCon -- Awesome Time!!

flounder

For all you Infosec / Techies:

I just got back last night from the first annual DerbyCon and it was an absolute blast.

The event managed to raise $13,617 for Hackers for Charity. Thats over double what generally gets raised at Defcon!!!

I HIGHLY recommend that you check it out next year as it will be even better then this year. My hat goes off to Rel1k and the DerbyCon team. They did an outstanding job.

www.DerbyCon.com

Got to hang out with allot of good friends and make even more new ones. Unfortunately, I had to hang out with WaltherGsp but some exceptions had to be made.

Tonik, it was great to finally meet you as well and you are now one of the very few that actually know what I look like.

Picked up a few gizmos..

Gizmo's:

RubberDucky - www.hakshop.com

Ubertoothe One - http://ubertooth.sourceforge.net/hardware/one/

Throwing Star Lan Tap - www.hakshop.com

Also picked up a great book for anyone that does PenTesting with Metasploit.

http://www.amazon.com/Metasploit-Penetration-Testers-David-Kennedy/dp/159327288X

51k4AVPs1UL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Edited by flounder

Rubber ducky, you're the one,

you make hacking...so much fun!

Nice to expand upon the switchblade concept. I haven't bothered with mine for awhile, but I think I know what I'm going to be doing in a couple of days when mine shows up... :D

Rubber ducky, you're the one,

you make hacking...so much fun!

Nice to expand upon the switchblade concept. I haven't bothered with mine for awhile, but I think I know what I'm going to be doing in a couple of days when mine shows up... :D

Just dont try and float the ducky. Rumor has it that actually dont float. Irony :)

I picked Orange.

Tonik.... some things can't be unseen. He is ugly as hell isn't he?

Ummm, my picture is my avatar. I look just fine according to the ladies. What you guys think doesn't concern me much. :D

But great leadin Kawi, I have some vids that can't be unseen.

Opening Keynote...for those of you that don't know my son is David Kennedy, the guy that put Derbycon together. So fast forward to 16:30 where my penis becomes famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKMS8AEQCqk

Then there is the video I shot with my phone set to the wrong resolution but you get the idea of what happens when you give close to 1000 geeks 5 grand worth of free beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwG_O4a6r7s

And last, nerd hip hop rapping about Metasploit. It just doesn't get any better than that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv_LnQURXZI

It was off the charts, I had a blast and learned a ton of stuff and was totally amazed at how many OR bikers are infosec folks. Confirmed changes for next year:

1) Training will be all day Thursday, instead of the two night thing he had Friday/Saturday.

2) There will be a lunch break during the track sessions. That was probably his only very noticeable mistake.

3) Far more attention will be paid to who is opposite who in the tracks. There were a couple of good presentations opposite each other. Not saying that others sucked, but a couple of the biggies were at the same time.

4) There will be an extra room downstairs next year with a Noob track.

5) The f'ing bar code scanner for registration will work. Man did that suck.

Tonik, it was great to finally meet you as well and you are now one of the very few that actually know what I look like.

Yea, that was very cool. I will admit for the first few minutes I had no idea who you two were. But it came to me pretty quickly. There was one guy there from the 99'ers too, although I have left that group as did he.

Did you get your book signed? If you want that done PM me and I will toss you my address, you can mail it to me...I will run it to Dave/Relik's house and send it back. Although I am not sure how important that is.

I rode down, man did I freeze my butt off on the way home. But it was worth it, the trip down was 62-10-22. 10 and 22 are awesome roads, I had never ridden N KY. I intend to make it a regular stop next summer.

Yea, that was very cool. I will admit for the first few minutes I had no idea who you two were. But it came to me pretty quickly. There was one guy there from the 99'ers too, although I have left that group as did he.

Yea after the fact I figured I probably should've given you my screenname.

I'm still simply amazed at how smoothly everything went for a first year event, made our lives as staff much easier. I'm already looking forward to next year. I'm thinking about giving a talk on Applied Ballistics for the Zombie Apocalypse :D

Yea after the fact I figured I probably should've given you my screenname.

I'm still simply amazed at how smoothly everything went for a first year event, made our lives as staff much easier. I'm already looking forward to next year. I'm thinking about giving a talk on Applied Ballistics for the Zombie Apocalypse :D

Credit for that goes to Dave's wife Erin. She did all the details. I am going to do a talk next year on Dave. I am thinking 'Dave the formative years, or how I found the FBI knocking on my door one day'.

Credit for that goes to Dave's wife Erin. She did all the details. I am going to do a talk next year on Dave. I am thinking 'Dave the formative years, or how I found the FBI knocking on my door one day'.

I'm going to have to get together with you and get any embarrassing photos or video you have. We can only catch him doing dumb stuff at work so often, so historical things for our presentations would be awesome.

This is a story I would like to hear. :)

Dont hate! I just got the approval and placed my order for a PWNIE Express Elite. :)

http://pwnieexpress.com/eliteplug.html

Giggity.

That just pisses me off more. I didn't know I had clearance to spend money on stuff like that while at the show. It is one of those obscure government rules...I could of had one. I talked to them for some time, kept reminding them of how they wouldn't be at Derbycon if it wasn't for my penis. Thought that might have gotten me one but no such luck.